BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm sorry if I am confusing my terms. We taught-in the longitudinal sensor. The teach-in for the longitudinal sensor completed with no faults. The shop is using ISTA. The car is on flat level ground. We have tried unplugging the battery to let the modules "sleep." Then tried adapting the clutch and transmission again. That was not successful and showed the same codes as above. We then encoded the whole car thinking maybe something wasn't up to date. We then again tried adapting the clutch. Still same codes. We have tried re bleeding everything and going through the whole process again. Still same thing. I really appreciate your help with this so far because we are stumped.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
So, I can't tell from what was posted so far, but was the hydraulic system broken into for anything? Slave cylinder replaced perhaps?

I had to bleed my SMG at least 5 times before it would adapt properly, but after making sure there was no air trapped in the system, it worked properly.

If those are the only three error codes present on the entire car, the main (and hardest) portion of adaptation (clutch valve, shift valves, kiss point) have competed properly.

Is that the only portion that doesn't complete? If so, it could be just a connector or the sensor itself.

As for the first two, I'm still sticking to the DSC pump problem. Those are the exact two CAN error codes that Troy Jeup had a month or so ago on a customer's car. At any rate, it wasn't SMG related.

i would consider isolating those two from the SMG problem. They literally mean the DSC module is expecting a couple of CAN messages from two other modules and isn't receiving them.

Have they cleared all the codes and those are the only ones that return?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hydraulic system was not broken into. As far as the adaptation it is not allowing it to complete. At the 2 Adapt Complete Transmission step when it shifts the car through all the gears it gets a (42 cannot engage gear) error at the end and wants you to do the step again. While performing the adaptation, the transmission shifts through all the gears with no errors present. Until the very end when we get the (42 cannot engage gear). When driven the car will shift through every gear. I have the red cog on all the time. The idrive reads "Transmission! Perform Adaptation." We have cleared all the codes many times and these are the 3 that keep coming up.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Any chance of getting a laptop with TeamViewer and INPA connected to it? I can cycle through the gears manually and watch the sensor response.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Any chance of getting a laptop with TeamViewer and INPA connected to it? I can cycle through the gears manually and watch the sensor response.
This is what makes this board great - people like this putting in their free personal time to help out others

:thumbsup::applause::applause:

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "bmwm51, должность: 4356049, участник: 168473"]
Гидравлическая система не была взломана. Что касается адаптации, она не позволяет завершить ее. На шаге 2 Adapt Complete Transmission, когда он переключает автомобиль через все передачи, в конце он получает ошибку (42 не может включить передачу) и хочет, чтобы вы сделали этот шаг снова. При выполнении адаптации коробка передач переключается на все передачи без ошибок. До самого конца, когда мы получим (42 не может включить передачу). При движении автомобиль будет переключаться через каждую передачу. У меня все время есть красная шестеренка. Идентификатор гласит: «Передача! Выполните адаптацию». Мы много раз очищали все коды, и эти 3 продолжают появляться.
[/ QUOTE] Hello! did you solve this problem? I came across the same ...

221 - 227 of 227 Posts