BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a HUD gearbox/transmission warning when the gearbox does a kick-down. I have just had my 1200 mile service and when the warning appeared I had 1220 miles on the clock. I am not sure if this a genuine transmission fault, a software error or just a reminder to take it easy till the official 1250 miles stage 1 running in period.

????????

wdc

·
Registered
162 Posts
wdc said:
Has anyone experienced a HUD gearbox/transmission warning when the gearbox does a kick-down. I have just had my 1200 mile service and when the warning appeared I had 1220 miles on the clock. I am not sure if this a genuine transmission fault, a software error or just a reminder to take it easy till the official 1250 miles stage 1 running in period.

????????

wdc
I've had that a couple of times, I would bring the car to the dealer , just so they can read the fault codes from the car systems - as with this info they can verify if there is indeed a serious or persistent fault - you may find they need to do a software upgrade.

My error codes were entered into BMW online system, which then recommended I get CIP 19.0 installed - which is happening at the end of this week.

So head to the dealer, even if only for piece of mind.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now over the 1,250 miles and tried kickdown again with no warnings showing ??????

Reluctant to ask for a software upgrade as some members seem to think it has a calming effect on the car.

As an after thought from BMW, the upgrade may be offered to clear any software glitches while they also sneak in a patch to extent the life of some engine/transmission parts past the manufacturers warranty period.

wdc

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
m5-black said:
I've had that a couple of times, I would bring the car to the dealer , just so they can read the fault codes from the car systems - as with this info they can verify if there is indeed a serious or persistent fault - you may find they need to do a software upgrade.

My error codes were entered into BMW online system, which then recommended I get CIP 19.0 installed - which is happening at the end of this week.

So head to the dealer, even if only for piece of mind.
Maybe I should have followed your advice sooner as the car would not select a gear and is now heading to the dealer on the back of a lorry.

I will keep you posted.

wdc

·
Registered
185 Posts
wdc said:
Maybe I should have followed your advice sooner as the car would not select a gear and is now heading to the dealer on the back of a lorry.

I will keep you posted.

wdc
I had a gear box error apear on the HUD it stated "Gear box fault Please Drive Leisurely"

Turned the car off and on and error went away...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UKMFreak said:
I had a gear box error apear on the HUD it stated "Gear box fault Please Drive Leisurely"

Turned the car off and on and error went away...
Unfortunately car went away and not error

wdc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts