BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have the right to transfer my contract to buy a m5 a msrp to someone else.Right now dealership says I can not do this because they say I have to title car in my name to take delivery. No where in the contract does it say this, what legal steps can I take?

·
Registered
646 Posts
We've discussed this topic before. The contracts are non transferable as far as I know and my dealer confirms this. If you bail out of your deal the people behind you on the list simply get bumped up a spot on the production schedule.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tony102385 said:
Do I have the right to transfer my contract to buy a m5 a msrp to someone else.Right now dealership says I can not do this because they say I have to title car in my name to take delivery. No where in the contract does it say this, what legal steps can I take?
I was told the same thing when I put my deposit down on an M6. They're just keeping the wait list as legit as possible which is respectable. I imagine if you are giving your spot to a family member or friend who is clearly not paying you a premium, they may make an exception.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Tony102385 said:
Not sure how it works in AZ, but I've lived in several states and you don't have a binding contract to buy a car (on either party's part) until you sign the sales contract, pay for the car and drive it away. Hope this isn't one of those cases where someone is trying to sell their slot for a premium...:nono:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts