BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I got 2005 M5 for service.
car has 160kkm, with no service at all, before service there was sqeaking from brakes and engine, not doing over 7000rpm and somebody but Hamann exhaust, but they deleted all mufflers, so car was unuseable under 3500km, my had was shaking.

So we replaced fuel pump, that solved not doing over 7000 rpm.
we replaced rod bearing and Vanos HP line, in oil sump we found on oil spray nozzle, sou we replaced all of them for new type.
We also replaced bearing on rear axle. In engine oil was little peaces of metal, probably destroyed oil nozzle.
Then we replaced both oil in transmission, Pentosion(hydraulic) was nice, but in transmission was black oil, very black, like from truck engine, and smelled like ash. So we put new original BMW oil. After all service, car was running wery good, I also make trans calibration (cruising on N and holding both paddles), then trans was like automatic, very smooth.
After 60km all ok, I make Vanos bleeding, car was staying with engine on for about 50 minutes and doing procedure twice, that day was hot, but I was checking oil temp and it was good. Then I sit into M5, go 5km very smoothly, after 5km I hit gas about 3/4 power, then tried to shift, but it wasnt shifting for about 2s, then again, but it was shifting with no gas. After accelerating to 100km/h i released gas pedal, and car started shaninkg and vibrating, like problem with prop shaft etc, but when then car i running, its good, only when accelerating, after I hit the gas again, only rpm was going up,not car, like clutch problem. I stopped, restarted and it was also hard to accelerate, when i hit the gas more than about 1/4, goes only rpm.
Trans warning also showed up, so i do diagnostic, but there is no problem like clutch etc, only error is SMG communication with DME, DSC.

Any tips? I think something is bad with clutch, maybe trans, or SMG unit is burned by running 50mins on one hot place? But if it was ECU, it will not shaking when decelerating. I think that nobody replaced clutch at all.

thanks for help with mighty M5, I love that car.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Ok wait so the problem was the clutch slipping, is that correct?

How did you scan the SMG fault? What was the mileage of the faults vs the current mileage?

The clutch can slip without triggering a fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts