BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When I click on the trafficmaster button at the bottom of my console, I get a message "Subscription expired - Contact your local dealer"

How do I get this working, without giving it to the dealer. I notice on the likes of pistonheads in the classifieds, there are NAV discs for sale claiming to enable the traffic master, as well as updating the maps? Is this right, or is the only way to get this working, go to my local dealer, and pay a subscription?

Thanks in Advance

CHRIS

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it's useless mate.

Change for cup-holders ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have that also on my car.

It is an option that was available to the UK upon purchase of the vehicle. It is fitted where the front cup holders were. It is useless to us now, but if you upgrade to a MK4 nav drive (if you haven't already done so) and then update to one of the newer software states you should get TMF at the bottom of the nav screen (where the time and date sits) this will make you aware of any reported traffic problems on route (as well as a few other bits and pieces)

I have ripped mine out and replaced the cup holders. very ease to do so.

HTH
Farquy

·
Registered
385 Posts
i had the same message on mine. as far as im aware you just need to renew the subscription with trafficmaster

http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/home.php

no need for new nav discs or to go to the dealer.

havent activated mine yet so i coud be wrong.

ps.

·
Registered
630 Posts
i had the same message on mine. as far as im aware you just need to renew the subscription with trafficmaster

http://www.trafficmaster.co.uk/home.php

no need for new nav discs or to go to the dealer.

havent activated mine yet so i coud be wrong.

ps.
I'd save your money and make sure you've a TMC enabled Sat Nav disc, much more useful.

IIRC the subscription to Traffic Master was £120 per year....

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
TMC can also be used with Mk3 Nav, which I have. When I bought the car it still had the 2001 maps loaded on it so I bought a new CD from VDO with new maps and TMC codes enabled (few years ago now). The letters 'TMC' appeared in green underneath the map and hey presto I have traffic updates with no subscription charge of any kind.:)

The quality of TMC information isn't too bad. There have been odd occasions that I've been sat in a jam that the TMC doesn't know about, but there have been many more times I've missed serious jams because of the system. You can view a list of jams by distance from your location, it gives length, type and average speed of any hold ups and you can get it to pick a diversion for you if you so desire.

Like I say it is by no means 100%, but it's certainly better than nowt.

·
Registered
539 Posts
To those of us that aren't Chaps, can someone post a picture of what the center console looks like with the "Trafficmaster" button installed? Just out of curiousity so we can see the difference here... Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've bought cup holders to replace the Trafficmaster button with.

Also tempted to remove the Trafficmaster module from the boot to make some space in there for my sound on top amp, intravee and Alpine KCA adapter.

Not sure which of the modules in there is the Trafficmaster, anyone got any photos of them removing it, or do people generally just remove the button from the dash?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To those of us that aren't Chaps, can someone post a picture of what the center console looks like with the "Trafficmaster" button installed? Just out of curiousity so we can see the difference here... Thanks.

Here's my dash, with the TM button at the bottom.

Thanks

CHRIS

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've bought cup holders to replace the TMC button with.

Also tempted to remove the TMC module from the boot to make some space in there for my sound on top amp, intravee and Alpine KCA adapter.

Not sure which of the modules in there is the TMC, anyone got any photos of them removing it, or do people generally just remove the button from the dash?
Pretty certain the module is behind the fascia in the dash and not in the boot. (IIRC someone has already done the removal on this board but it was a long time back, try searching "Trafficmaster")

1 - 11 of 11 Posts