BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got nailedby laser on 75-S toward FL border. They hang out in teams at the top of off & on ramps, also on bridges on the less busy roads. One guy marks you and the others chase you.

Does anyone know if you can just pay the fines and go to traffic school? Would rather not have to pay a lawyer to fight it.

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I don't know if you but I do not see why you cannot. I just stay around 78 mph and I never have issues. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I see them all the time when I go to work from Hahira to Tifton.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I know how you feel. I will sometimes catch myself driving a little too fast and will have to dial it down to the speed limit. This occurs mostly on the back roads after driving on 75. I just feel like I am going to slow.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you go to court and plead Nolo Contendre (No Contest), you can get away with no points. Just the fine. You can only use it if you haven't used it for a similar offense in the last 5 years

I got a super speeder ticket for 88 in a 65 in Cartersville. It ended up costing me $195 for the court fine and costs and another $200 for the super speeder BS.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input. Retained an attorney and got a continuation. I'm told I may be able to get a reduction in the claimed offense down below SS and fee with no points. We'll see what happens. Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
What is a Super Speeder ticket?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In the fine state of Georgia if you are convicted of doing 85 or better you have the privilege of paying an extra $200 fine to the state on top of fine to the local jurisdiction. It also looks good on your driving record and impresses your insurance company

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
GA E39
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing