BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as to what other board members have got for their E39's when trading up to the E60. Mine's a 2001 with 18k miles loaded. Trying to decide if I should go with the E60 or something else. Don't care too much for the Bangleized new shape otherwise it would be a no-brainer. Hmm what else is out there? Any ideas?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
E39 to E60 for me and I'm looking forward to it. The E39 is a great car but I think the E60's going to be on another level altogether. Either that or I'm going to be very disappointed :confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
E39 to E60 for me and I'm looking forward to it. The E39 is a great car but I think the E60's going to be on another level altogether. Either that or I'm going to be very disappointed :confused:
As the EVO magazine describes , the E60 has taken the super-saloon to another level. Class leader.

Enjoy Ashok !! :M5launch:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ashok
When do you receive yours? I'd like to hear first hand from someone before I decide. I figured I'd go test drive the 545i tomorrow to get somewhat of a preview as far as how the new 5 is. Toyed with the idea of a 360 modena but it's not really a car for NY plus I kinda like having the seating for 5. I drove the Bentley Continental GT loved it and ordered the Sedan version which is due sometime in 2005. The hunt is on!

Sameer

·
Banned
386 Posts
MODENA!

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Ashok,
I would be very surprised if you are disappointed. You have obviously gotten past the issues some of us have with the car. I think you will have a blast with it and I look forward to read your thoughts.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The dealer can't give me an exact date right now because I'm going fully Individual. All we know right now is that there will be a delay but it could be anything from 3-12 months :(

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well guys...
I took the plunge. Went and put down a deposit for the new M5. Can't get away from it, once you drive a M5 you're hooked. I was actually thinking of the Maserati Quattroporte but the BMW nut in me couldn't resist.

·
Registered
377 Posts
nycesam said:
well guys...
I took the plunge. Went and put down a deposit for the new M5. Can't get away from it, once you drive a M5 you're hooked. I was actually thinking of the Maserati Quattroporte but the BMW nut in me couldn't resist.
Sameer, how's everything ? :M5thumbs:

How are the E60 M5 lists looking in the NYC area ? Let me know where you put your deposit down, I will do the same. I trust it's not Bayside ;)

I'm thinking black on black with dark tints and blacked out kidney grills. :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi sharif
I put the deposit down at Rallye...ask for Robert Wachsman...nice guy. Bayside heck no! I'll go with the same color combo I have right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts