BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on bimmer.org, and thought I'd pass it along. It's too cool!!

Ok, for those of you in your 30's, you must remember the coolest car of all growing up - Speed Racer's Mach
5! Well, the only one in exsistence is up for sale on Ebay. Complete with remote controlled homing pigeon,
retractable saw blades, and Navy periscope. Oh, and the 400hp motor is a nice touch.

But no wonder Racer X always had him in the corners, the dang thing has rear drum brakes!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=362127435&r=0&t=0

·
Registered
911 Posts
Wow! The Mach 5 is literally the first car I ever fell in love with.....I was only 3 years old then. To actually see someone has created a tangible Mach 5 is amazing!

All things considered, I think I'll stick with my M5.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hope the sentimental value will stick.

However, back some 5 years ago, Japan had already remade the Speed Racer series and come up with a way cooler looking car dating the Mach 5 back to where it belongs, the 60's. (it was airing in HongKong December 1999)

For $121K (which is close to 2 M5s'), reserve not yet met, and the uncertainty of parts' availability, hmmm...
Moreover, the body style of the Mach 5 is quite simple, you may run into replicas one day disqualifying your uniqueness.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I am a cartoon maniac (anime in particular), and I respect all seasoned cartoons. My favorite is still Macross (which you guys called Robotech) and would love to see one day an F-14 turned itself into a robot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts