BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
originally i was going to get a 997 turbo, but now decision has been made and i'm gonna trade my 1st gen e60 m5 (sapphire black) for...........'08 e60 m5 (alpine white or monaco blue) AND 08 nissan GTR!!!! 507hp + 480hp!!!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Sounds great but I do wonder where in HK you can drive such fast cars above 3rd gear...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Great combo :thumbsup:

could be the best ever :applause:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Definetly a lucky bastard...i see #1) all the first units of the GTR being sold way above msrp...and #2) all units being sold in the 1st year...so it might be a while for some of us here in the states

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
0-60 in 3.5 for the GTR is crazy! Congrats great decision.

·
Registered
26 Posts
0-60 in 3.5 for the GTR is crazy! Congrats great decision.
3.3...and they said if they had a better road condition, and a car they werent as worried about breaking they could bring that down a tenth or two...

"Crushing Acceleration" is the direct words from those who tested it

·
Registered
325 Posts
How are you managing to get a GTR in Hong Kong? My friends there are all falling over each other 100K in hand to get one of those first release models.

There are a few twisty roads in Hong Kong but I fear most fast car owners in Hong Kong owen them more as a status symbol to cruise Central rather than for the pure pleasure of driving a fast car.

Oh this is not going to end well...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there are quite a few nice lengthy drives around hk, so no worries on that. gtr has arrived in hk since dec 07, but are imports not released by dealership and i think there are still a couple available right now, the fully loaded one is going for 1.1 mil hkd which is about usd 130k usd. im in no rush to get the cars since after all the trouble i had with 1st gen e60 m5, it has been trouble free for close to a year. but i'm targeting to have both new rides ready by my bday which is in august

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GTR ARRIVED!!!!! WHOA, cant believe this car, freakin incredible, thoroughly impressed!!! picked up GTR today and 180km/h speed limiter has to go in the near future, 180 is too easily done (3rd or 4th gear). pics will come soon enough, but not with my M5, cuz it's in the shop AGAIN!!! ive been getting tire puncture signal non-stop and there's no tire puncture, i brought the m5 in about a month ago to fix the problem, and the same sh*t came back again right before the arrival of the GTR, my SA called me yesterday and found no punctures and no faults and they have to reprogram the software again......f**k!! when do the problems stop with the M5?!?! still love the M5, which is why my next project will be trading in my sapphire black M5 for a alpine white one....btw, the GTR is white too!!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
GTR ARRIVED!!!!! WHOA, cant believe this car, freakin incredible, thoroughly impressed!!! picked up GTR today and 180km/h speed limiter has to go in the near future, 180 is too easily done (3rd or 4th gear). pics will come soon enough, but not with my M5, cuz it's in the shop AGAIN!!! ive been getting tire puncture signal non-stop and there's no tire puncture, i brought the m5 in about a month ago to fix the problem, and the same sh*t came back again right before the arrival of the GTR, my SA called me yesterday and found no punctures and no faults and they have to reprogram the software again......f**k!! when do the problems stop with the M5?!?! still love the M5, which is why my next project will be trading in my sapphire black M5 for a alpine white one....btw, the GTR is white too!!
pics of GTR please!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
April Fools?! :blabla:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
We need pictures and video. And PLEASE, do a run vs the M5! :trophy_bronze:

·
Registered
651 Posts
GTR is a beast. i'm definitely feeling that car. my friend works at nissan and they received a demo about a week ago and i took a good look inside of it. everything inside looks like a 100K car, and not some overpriced nissan. :p congrats enjoy

1 - 20 of 53 Posts