BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in a 2004 E46 M3 with 7,600 miles for a 2003 E39 M5 with 3,300 miles! Both vehicles were Ti Sil with black sport seats. I'm going to be very happy in the M5. At 6'3'' , I needed the extra room inside the cabin. Both cars are a pleasure to drive, but the M5 is truly a beast! A much better choice for a daily driver.

I don't know who owned the M5 but it's in mint condition. Dealer had to get an exception to CPO the car for two additional years because of the low mileage. Whoever bought the car originally and chose not to drive it, I sincerely thank you for preserving it so well!

I'll keep the board updated with further driving comparisons...

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Congrats on the beast, a very wise choice. :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
GAS M5 said:
Dealer had to get an exception to CPO the car for two additional years because of the low mileage.
Huh, that's a new one... What was the original in-service date and when does your CPO expire? What 'additional two years' did you get??

Congrats as well- sounds very nice

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats & welcome :cheers:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Welcome to our most informative board. If you can't find it here, it it's not about the M5.

Congrats on your purchase,

Mark

ps - now it's modification time!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Response....

ard said:
Huh, that's a new one... What was the original in-service date and when does your CPO expire? What 'additional two years' did you get??

Car in-service date was 4/2003 so original warranty expires 4/2007. Dealer added two years CPO to extend warranty to 4/2009. Sweet!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Re: Response....

Standard CPO is two additional years- mine runs 6 years as well from the inservice date. (as well as an extra 50k miles to 100k total miles)

Don't feel bad- all dealers lie.

ard

·
Registered
5,171 Posts

Congratulations, please post pics!:)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
12,778 Posts

ard said:
Don't feel bad- all dealers lie.

ard

Not true. They only lie when their lips are moving! hiha
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,398 Posts

gsfent said:
Not true. They only lie when their lips are moving! hiha
Regards,
Jerry
Jerry-

That's one of my 'standard' jokes:

Q: How can you tell a salesman is lying?

A: His lips move!

Ard

·
10,445 Posts
ard said:

Technically, a car must have more than 6k miles on it to qualify for the cpo deal, not sure why, but that's what's listed in the cpo manual. this car had <6k miles, hence the 'exception to cpo' the car.
Mike

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
mottati said:
Technically, a car must have more than 6k miles on it to qualify for the cpo deal, not sure why, but that's what's listed in the cpo manual. this car had <6k miles, hence the 'exception to cpo' the car.
Mike
Interesting... thanks for the clarification. I'd not heard that and had been looking at an 03 with 3800 miles which was cpo'd. (My guess is that they are wanting to make sure the cars were really used by other owners and not dealer's use...)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts