BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**Edit: Sorry, I should have put this in the title, but I am in Maryland**
Guys,

I have nearly brand new E60 wheels and Continental tires that I took off my 2008 M5 a few days after I took delivery of the car new from the dealer. They are sitting in my basement. I will trade these for a used set that are in good condition plus $300. I can meet you at a tire shop, you can get the swap done, and then give me your old wheels and the money. My lease is up in a year and I figure someone can get use out of these for the new tires alone.

Your set has to be free of curb rash and there has to be a decent amount of tread left so I don't get hit with an excess wear and tear charge. Keep in mind that 2006 models have a different tire pressure monitor system so this offer applies only to 2008 (not sure about 2007 tough). Obviously, this is for locals only (or anyone who is willing to drive to Baltimore). Otherwise, the shipping costs diminish the value.

Let me know by sending me pictures of your set.

Steven

·
Registered
703 Posts
Ahh... I was all over this until I saw that it won't work with the 06 :(

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
why not just a tire swap, new owner pays all labor charges ??? plus gives you $$$

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
why not just a tire swap, new owner pays all labor charges ??? plus gives you $$$
You would then have to enter the risk factor of damaging the rims while dismounting and mounting the tires.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Steve you are going to have trouble with this transaction becuase the '08 madels have TPM sensors in the wheels that are quite expensive. If you swap for an earlier year model they will not have this since tire presssure was measured of tire rotation speed and your TPM light will stay on your dash. I had this problem when I switched to after market wheels and had to buy another set of senosors which are not cheap aside from installation charges.

** Wups, just noticed that you mentioned this in the second paragraph.

Q

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although I would prefer a full wheel swap for the sake of ease, I am open to ideas from serious inquiries as long as it doesn't involve too much time and work on my hands. I need to be assured that your tires are in good shape and not too worn down.

I can't imagine that the hassle would be worthwhile for an out-of-towner though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve you are going to have trouble with this transaction becuase the '08 madels have TPM sensors in the wheels that are quite expensive. If you swap for an earlier year model they will not have this since tire presssure was measured of tire rotation speed and your TPM light will stay on your dash. I had this problem when I switched to after market wheels and had to buy another set of senosors which are not cheap aside from installation charges.

** Wups, just noticed that you mentioned this in the second paragraph.

Q
:hihi:
:cheers:

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
You would then have to enter the risk factor of damaging the rims while dismounting and mounting the tires.
:eek:oohhh:There is no risk if they know what they are doing....

Reactions: M VIOUS

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts