BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else take their to the track once in a while?
I was surprised at how competent these are in stock form with all season tires.
Second time I've gone when it was wet since my track car is a little sketchy in the rain.

·
Registered
118 Posts
100% agree, great video. A dedicated track car it is not, but neutral & stable at the limit it is. It has plenty of gusto to surprise people.

IMHO 275 Square wheels and tires(Ultra High Performance Summer), camber plates, stiffer rear anti-roll bar, and track-day pads with 600deg fluid take the car from acceptable to good without ruining it for street use.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Oh yeah!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I’ve logged a ton of track miles on mine. It’s not stock, but on a longer course it’ll hang with a shocking crowd. Tighter tracks I get my lunch eaten by the usual suspects.

Best track mods:
Stop tech ST60 front and rear.
Ground Control Camber Plates. No more front tire scrub.
Dinan rear sway.

Next mods will be Catless pipes, and then a retune for E85 and cat delete.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I've done 25+ track days on my S2 (so 2500-3000 track miles)

Definitely agree on better brakes / pads, and suspension mods. Monoballs are another excellent upgrade.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I'll be there next Monday with Club Sportiva. Maybe 25 cars, open track all day... taking the E36 this time though...
Coming down from the Bay Area?

Cost? Any openings? I need to shake down my e30 or take my e60. Details are in my signature.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thunderhill it appears, T8?
Yea I think it was coming out of 7 or 10.

Nice pics^
What have you done to the car for track set-up?
GC coils/camber kit; Dinan rear sway bar; 18x10 wheels (265/35/18 square); StopTech ST40 brakes + PFC08 pads; intake/x-pipe/exhaust for now. Also have Recaro seats but will be swapping those out soon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PFC's are great pads but eat rotors pretty much 1/1, I run an 08/11 combo on my 996 turbo and they're waaay better than the rs29's I've run in the past.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts