BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see many posts related to track time in their M5. I've never had the opportunity to own a car that I could drive on a track. My fiance bought a 3-day sport car class for me down at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway to be used sometime soon.

I was wondering how you get to bring your cars to the track... Are there such things as "open track" days or something similar? Is there a certification requirement? Is it woefully expensive?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give,
TheTooth

·
Registered
52 Posts
join your local bmw club (is it the bcca?) they organize club days at the track several times a year. you can drive your car around the track then. think you might need fire extinguisher, helmet, etc.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the track info!

The origin of my nickname is based on my last name.

My real name is Jon Silvertooth. I worked at a small consulting company where 4 of the first 12 employees were named John. In order for people to know who was being referred to at any given time, the office manager started calling us by our last names... mine eventually was shortened to "The Tooth". As the company grew to over 100 people, everyone knew me simplay as "The Tooth". It eventually grew to my personal life as people from work met my friends.

Originally posted by healeyg:
why are you called "thetooth"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts