BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the BMW Club Qld members sat down and put this together. Its a work in progress but should assist anyone thinking of taking there car to the track for the day. Its should be used as a guide only.

If anyone has anything to add, please let me know and I will forward it on to him to update.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
You missed the part about having a German woman called Sabine sitting alongside the driver giving hints about howto hustle an E34 around the track at insane speeds!!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
thanks for the write up very helpful for the trackl newbies

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
To that list I would add:

Do NOT fill the vehicle to the filler neck before going out on track - fill no more than about 3/4.

Limit your first session to 10-15 minutes to ensure the car will be ok, then 15-20 minute sessions for the rest of the day, to ensure you don't overcook your tyres and brakes .... leave about 20-30 minutes between sessions to let the car cool down.

Don't be tempted to try and achieve your "best" drive on the day on your final track session, or needlessly stay out for another ten minutes at the end - it's both first and last thing on the day you're most likely to have an accident .... first thing when you're under-confident, and last thing when you're overconfident!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts