BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, So I hooked up my car up to the BMW logger and checked the codes and here is what I got - the car has been a bit boggy and hesitate on WOT.

Code 143 - RPM 1280 - Tank Ventilation (altho I just replaced the fuel tank breather valve)

Code 114 - Throttle Valve Final Stage (I'm guessing this is caused by code 113)

Code 113 - TPS Potentiometer 2 (just to clear this up, this is the TPS sensor on bank 2??)

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Those suppose to be decimal codes? E39 M5 ? Where are those definitions from? 113, 114 are bank 2 intake and exhaust Vanos position control and 143 is the Ebox fan, may still appear to run but it is 2 speed. Are you sure you had things setup correctly?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes E39 M5. I'm not quite sure. Things were setup correctly. I attached a screen shot of the program with the codes on it. Let me know what you think.

first code is because I don't have the post o2 sensors hooked up.

Just a couple months ago I took the vanos solenoids out (piston seal blew), checked/tested each one, and looked all over boards for any cracks but nothing. Everything runs right, nothing like when the piston seal blew. Just running rich, waiting on paycheck so I can pay evolve to get it tuned correctly.

BTW, none of these codes are showing up on my peake code reader, only ones are E-box fan, SAI (its been deleted), and AE/AF.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
You appear to have the code reader set up for the MS41/42/43 DME. You need to select the MSS52 if you can.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
68FB, you were correct! Not sure why it was reading codes for MS41. Had to completely remove and re-install the program. It's working now

Codes - 143 - e-box fan

Code - 77 - air intake temperature sensor - (all wires are connected correctly, may be a bad sensor)

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
68FB, you were correct! Not sure why it was reading codes for MS41. Had to completely remove and re-install the program. It's working now

Codes - 143 - e-box fan

Code - 77 - air intake temperature sensor - (all wires are connected correctly, may be a bad sensor)
The e-box fan code means the DME is not happy with the way its cooling fan is running. It wouldn't cause the bogging and WOT hesitation.

The IAT sensor code might. That sensor is part of each MAF sensor but the DME only reads the bank 2 MAF sensor for this value so you could swap the 2 MAF sensors to see if that fixes the code. (It's an unusual failure.) If it doesn't, it sounds like a wiring problem.

Do you have INPA? It can read the IAT value.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has a mafless tune (FS tune) right now, it is supercharged. Fixed the IATS problem one of the connection was severed under the tape, must have happened while taking out the supercharger.

No I don't have INPA, I reset the adaptions. Take it for a drive tomorrow. Its boggy soon as I press the pedal WOT, once it passes 2k it revs nice. Running quite rich below 2k much unburnt fuel. Hopefully evolve will be able to fix this!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts