BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new set of wheels yesterday and they do not have the TPMS on them. Of course our cars are so smart and detects a malfuntion right away. Is there anyway to turn this off or do I really have to drive with the warning light on 24/7? It's getting kind of annoying see it on and it's only been 1 day lol.

I know I'm not the only with this issue... thanks.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In 2007..

Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Buy sensors...... that should take care of the problem. Tirerack has good prices. Obviously you don't want to do this. Maybe should have thought about this b4 you bought wheels/tires w/o sensors. I don't recall anyone turning off this function but I'm sure its doable. For what you will pay a dealer to turn it off you can buy sensors. Also, maybe try a WTB in the classified section.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bavauto.com has them, $335 per set. <table border="0" cellpadding="5" width="525"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td colspan="3" width="415">Tire Pressure Monitor Kit - Includes 4 Sensors And 4 Valve Stems
When purchasing new aftermarket wheels for your late model BMW or MINI you need to have ... more info... </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="175">Part # : TPMS KIT </td> <td align="right" valign="top" width="95"> $ 334.95 </td> <td align="right" valign="top" width="100"> <input value="Qty " class="qtydesc" readonly="readonly" type="text"> <input value="1" size="1" id="Qty1" name="Qty1" class="qtybox" maxlength="2" align="right" type="text"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone for your insight and help.

i bought the wheels and tires from a friend and his 2006 m6 didn't have tmps yet for the car as an option. at any rate, i guess i can invest in some sensors but that would require pulling all the tires off and putting them back on... at this point it's worth it to get rid of this warning light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts