BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since my M5 is gone, I gathered a few items that I had bought for the car and now cannot use. From day one Bob has been a true gentleman and we have benefited mightily from having him around our local area. He has arranged the last three M5 lunches with Karting before hand, and had generousely paid for those delicious meals.

I wanted to show him my appreciation so I gave him the unused items for my M5. It's much better that he uses them than have them gather dust in my garage.

Then yesterday, he rang my door bell, and delivered two of the most BEAUTIFUL orchid arrangements we have ever seen. :eek: :eek: We placed one on our living room coffee table, and one on our dining room table. My wife is still gushing about how much elegence they add to these rooms.

So I wish to publicly thank Bob for being such a genuine nice fellow. We on this board are blessed with members like Bob, Dave (Tutonaddict), Greg, and many many others who are caring and generous people. We sure can use a lot more folks like them in this world.

Here are a few pics so you folks can also enjoy Bob's beautiful work. Bob, thanks again.

CP

Attachments

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Very nice story....shows how tight this community is.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pong: Thanks for the posting the pics (beautiful home!) and hope you're recovering well! :M5thumbs:

Bob: You're generosity makes me proud to be a part of this forum and proud to be a part of the M5 community in the bay area :thumbsup:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd like to add my two cents:

1.) We may not be able to have Bay Area lunches with Bob as the organizer anymore. He ALWAYS ends up treating us, which is totally not right. I say we boycott until he allows us to do something for him.

2.) The Cupertino Florist donates a dozen or so roses on Valentine's Day (I think...this was over ten years ago...) if you go in and ask for them. They are to be given individually to others as sort of a pass it on/pay it forward kind of gesture. Very cool...

3.) Bob has personally helped me with my car and getting track tires/rims from him at a VERY reasonable deal.

Eddie. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I second that emotion! (And Pong, your house looks pretty nice, too.) :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I "re-met" Bob on this board after meeting him once long, long ago...WAY before I even thought I'd own an M5.

I've always known him to be a stand up kinda guy, and this drives home that point even more...

Cheers to ya', Bob :thumbsup:

Pong, sounds like your on the road to recovery. That's great, too...

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Life is about being around the right people, and it is grea to see two standup guys mentioned in this thread. I dont know Bob, but he sounds like a classy guy. More people like that need to be around from the impression I get of him.
You're the second one Pong, as too many people in this world dont have the depth of character to point out the wonderful deeds of others and give them the recognition they deserve. Hope you're feeling better.
:cheers:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Posts like this restore my faith in humanity! It's good to see random acts of kindness in this day and age. What a great community of car enthusiasts!

Eric

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yup, I've had some dealings with Bob via "long distance" and I'll second the motion that he's a great guy. :cheers:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm fairly new to the board and attended the last bay area lunch. I met both Bob and Pong there and this confirms my thoughts at the time. These are some genuinely nice folks!

Bob generously set up and paid for the lunch and Pong was allowing others to test drive his Porsche!

Glad to have met them both.

Dennis

·
Registered
691 Posts
boonielander said:
I say we boycott until he allows us to do something for him.
I'm with Eddie and as long as this is a "I love Bob Thread" . . .

Many members know that Bob has three beautiful children (including two twin girls) and I was the recent recipient of FOUR boxes of infant clothes! The parents on the board can appreciate what this means . . .

My wife and I are most appreciative and while this is not car or M5 related, I thought it appropriate to contribute a "Bob's Great" story. Wow, what a group this is . . . Thanks again Bob, Kevin

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
khiroshima said:
I'm with Eddie and as long as this is a "I love Bob Thread" . . .

Many members know that Bob has three beautiful children (including two twin girls) and I was the recent recipient of FOUR boxes of infant clothes! The parents on the board can appreciate what this means . . .

My wife and I are most appreciative and while this is not car or M5 related, I thought it appropriate to contribute a "Bob's Great" story. Wow, what a group this is . . . Thanks again Bob, Kevin
Kevin,

I did not know that you are a dad already! :eek: :eek: Congratulations. How old is your baby girl?

CP

·
Registered
691 Posts
chunpng said:
How old is your baby girl?

CP
Three weeks on Wednesday, what a joy this has been! Granted, I have had the easy job, but she is beautiful and very sweet, we have been blessed! :) Kevin

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
khiroshima said:
Three weeks on Wednesday, what a joy this has been! Granted, I have had the easy job, but she is beautiful and very sweet, we have been blessed! :) Kevin
Kevin,

Belated congratulations, to both you and your wife.

I love babies, and girls are extra special. lovelove lovelove Enjoy your family, it doesn't come any better than this. And spring is coming....soon....I hope. ?????? ??????

Boy, this is turning into such a :happybirt :happybirt thread. I love it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts