BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some searching, but can't find a thread that answers this, although I'm sure one exists.

1) How many E39 M5s have been produced to date? By model year?
2) How many E39 M5s have been imported into the US? By model year?
3) What is the total production run of E39 M5s projected to be, including the 2003 model year?
4) How many total E39 M5s are projected to be imported into the US, including the 2003 model year?

Doug

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Forget about getting the total number of M5's produced. BMW AG does not share that information with us. But I can tell you how many E28's E34's & E39's were sold in the US thanks to BMW NA. US sales are currently running at 120 - 150 units per month. There is a debate as to when the production will stop in '03 no one really knows for sure.

Stay tuned, a chart is coming!

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Max,

If you could do a chart that would be serioulsy impressive

all the best
adam

·
Registered
37 Posts
Doug,
I was recently doing some searching on this topic myself and couldn't come up with anything more recent than the June 2000 numbers.
Thanks for asking...looking forward to the new data!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Re: A Emeril would say...

blue max said:

* US sales only. Since we are the largest market for M cars outside Germany, you can double those numbers for the rest of the world.

** Sales thru September '02.
Blue,

Have seen any breakdown of sales by color of vehicle?

Mike

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blue,

Fantastic job and unbelievable turnaround.

Here's how this plays out against # of registered vehicles and US auto sales:

Guess I'll appreciate the rarity of my M5 a little more and pay more attention when I spot another one in the neighborhood!

Doug

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gustov,

Have you done a summary count of the "how many beasts on the board?" thread?

It would be interesting to see how much M5 market share the forum has. If there's approximately 15k M5s out there, you've got to have a significant # of them represented on this site.

Congrats and thanks for creating an excellent place for all of us to gather.

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts