BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have received several private messages asking me about the cost in total for my project. The way to determine the total cost is to take what Discovery Automotive charged me ($38,000) and add to that the cost of the parts that were already on the car when it arrived at DA. Bill had charged me $1,000 to take everything apart, so that means his bill if he had done it in the first place would have been more like $37,000.

I did have Bill do a few extra things that are not itemized on the invoice. One item you can remove would be the re-wiring and bracket making for the TV unit that cost $2,500. Another item you could remove would be countersinking the XM unit. I am guessing that was about $500. There were also a few other items that all told may have added another $1,500. So, this means that my bill from DA would have been more like $32,500

To reach the total spent, I added the parts that were part of the supercharging and power upgrading process that RMS had performed – but I did not add the cost of the UUC shifter, the RMS wheels, the Brembo brakes, the spa guage, nor the small repair items I had RMS perform.

Attached you will find my final invoice from Discovery Automotive and a spreadsheet that I had put together from my original RMS invoice (the RMS invoice was too hard to follow.) I’ve attached these so that you can see how I got to the numbers.

With everything that I have said in mind, the total cost if I had gone to DA in the first place would have been approximately:

$57,600​

When reviewing the invoice and the spreadsheet, please keep in mind that I had already supplied DA with the following parts:

• Supercharger kit – included the heat exchanger, the aftercooler, carbon fiber intake tubes, Carbon fiber plenum, Extra 8 injectors installed, Piggyback computer controller, Mass airflow control units = $19,500 (this does not include labor because Bill re-did)
  • Supersprint Headers + installation = $4,400
  • Aquamist Water injection $1,200 (N/C for labor because of the wait)

So, that means that the $38,000 (less the $1000 to take everything off and less the additional work I had DA do makes this number more like $32,500) that I spent on this car with DA was in addition to the purchase of all the parts listed above (plus any I forgot.)

A couple of other things to keep in mind is that Bill told me I was getting a special deal and that he would never do what he did for the price he charged me – and that it would actually cost a lot more. Also, I did not pay the total $57,600 – I got all my money back from Osh via credit card disputes except for $5000, so in reality, I paid in total what I was original quoted by Osh – around $42K – but that was only because I ended up getting the parts from Osh basically for free because of the credit card dispute.

Bryan

PS -- I want to thank the many of you who have sent me private messages of support

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow, that`s a lot. For that amount of money you can buy another E39 M5 in pretty good condition.

regards :M5eyes:

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
To ferrari I go :hihihi:

I know it ain't funny sorry.

But i'll take a ferrari at that level and get more out of it.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Gustav said:
I think this car will outrun most Ferraris :)

not sure about that, the f430 runs a 3.7 to 60 and 11.8 in 1/4...be close no doubt but even if it does beat it i'll take the f430 and ease of mind.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
dinanm5NY said:
To Dinan I go:hihi:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At that price........................ $57,600, sorry but no way!
Seriously guys, Based on this price, why would anyone deviate from the veteran BMW tuning company??? Where's the advantage..............????????????????
Zero in terms of saving! I could go on but won't.
im just shocked at the $$$ number. :confused3

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
FAST 5 said:
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At that price........................ $57,600, sorry but no way!
Seriously guys, Based on this price, why would anyone deviate from the veteran BMW tuning company??? Where's the advantage..............????????????????
Zero in terms of saving! I could go on but won't.
im just shocked at the $$$ number. :confused3
custom changes and personal touches.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
///Mysliwiec said:
and the power ..... ? nearly 500RWHP ?
dinan is like that too though...no wheel horpepower dyno out yet though but with 617 at the crank you can figure it's around 500 at the wheels.

·
Registered
931 Posts
My My, that is a lot of change.... awesome project, but what a price. :sad3:

I got my 993 supercharged (322 rwhp) for less than $15k, but what a difference. I hope the results are mind blowing.

·
Registered
947 Posts
bbloch1114 said:
I have received several private messages asking me about the cost in total for my project. The way to determine the total cost is to take what Discovery Automotive charged me ($38,000) and add to that the cost of the parts that were already on the car when it arrived at DA. Bill had charged me $1,000 to take everything apart, so that means his bill if he had done it in the first place would have been more like $37,000.

I did have Bill do a few extra things that are not itemized on the invoice. One item you can remove would be the re-wiring and bracket making for the TV unit that cost $2,500. Another item you could remove would be countersinking the XM unit. I am guessing that was about $500. There were also a few other items that all told may have added another $1,500. So, this means that my bill from DA would have been more like $32,500

To reach the total spent, I added the parts that were part of the supercharging and power upgrading process that RMS had performed – but I did not add the cost of the UUC shifter, the RMS wheels, the Brembo brakes, the spa guage, nor the small repair items I had RMS perform.

Attached you will find my final invoice from Discovery Automotive and a spreadsheet that I had put together from my original RMS invoice (the RMS invoice was too hard to follow.) I’ve attached these so that you can see how I got to the numbers.

With everything that I have said in mind, the total cost if I had gone to DA in the first place would have been approximately:

$57,600​

When reviewing the invoice and the spreadsheet, please keep in mind that I had already supplied DA with the following parts:

• Supercharger kit – included the heat exchanger, the aftercooler, carbon fiber intake tubes, Carbon fiber plenum, Extra 8 injectors installed, Piggyback computer controller, Mass airflow control units = $19,500 (this does not include labor because Bill re-did)
  • Supersprint Headers + installation = $4,400
  • Aquamist Water injection $1,200 (N/C for labor because of the wait)

So, that means that the $38,000 (less the $1000 to take everything off and less the additional work I had DA do makes this number more like $32,500) that I spent on this car with DA was in addition to the purchase of all the parts listed above (plus any I forgot.)

A couple of other things to keep in mind is that Bill told me I was getting a special deal and that he would never do what he did for the price he charged me – and that it would actually cost a lot more. Also, I did not pay the total $57,600 – I got all my money back from Osh via credit card disputes except for $5000, so in reality, I paid in total what I was original quoted by Osh – around $42K – but that was only because I ended up getting the parts from Osh basically for free because of the credit card dispute.

Bryan

PS -- I want to thank the many of you who have sent me private messages of support
not sure if i'd leave my home address on a website for too long mate.....
:viking:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Well, I'd just go buy a supercharged Chevy big block and drop it in the M5. Mate it up with a Lenco tranny. Bulletproof 1,000hp. hiha

This was suggested to me by my neighbor who runs a 10 second Buick GN.

·
Registered
439 Posts
thats they way togo! im just gonna get a stock m5... then do an LS1chevy into a 3rd gen RX7 motor swap. make it a 10 second weekender that can go around a track.

:)

boostmiser said:
Well, I'd just go buy a supercharged Chevy big block and drop it in the M5. Mate it up with a Lenco tranny. Bulletproof 1,000hp. hiha

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
foxyboym5 said:
not sure if i'd leave my home address on a website for too long mate.....
:viking:
:haha2: :haha2: good point, but by now, the pizza's, tow trucks and hookers are already en route!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Ray..not to step on your dream there, but why put a v8 into an rx? The 13B is a small displacment high reving, low weight engine that contributes to the Rx7 great driving dynamics...not only that but because its so compact the car is really more of a mid engine than front engine as a large majority of the mass sits on or behind the front axle...

I know u were just kidding but...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When I was at Active Autowerke about a month ago, they had that red M3 that has been in all the car magazines lately. I asked how much for the conversion on an M3 -- just like that one -- which means wheels, suspension & supercharging (it may have had brakes too.) Karl said it would cost about $15K -- so, that is going to be my next one! :wroom:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.