BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the torque value for bolt #3 in the diagram, I searched and found a thread that stated 55Nm, after that I launched my torque wrench into the rubbish bin, I've a funny feeling going to have to take it all apart again & see what's left of the threads in the casing.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1403109732.457416.jpg

Thanks
Clayton

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Water pump?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's bolt #3 that connects through the pulley on the tensioner bracket to the front of the engine block

Thanks
Clayton

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an OEM replacement part, so would assume its not a crap grade bolt, but thanks for the torque list

Thanks
Clayton

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just did this few weeks ago. Don't know the exact torque value, but I tightened it by hand. The pulley has a metal crusher inside that will prevent you from over-tightening it (unless you put all the glory into it). Hope it helps!!

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
I just did this few weeks ago. Don't know the exact torque value, but I tightened it by hand. The pulley has a metal crusher inside that will prevent you from over-tightening it (unless you put all the glory into it). Hope it helps!!
When I did mine, I just tightened the bolt slowly with a 3/8" drive ratchet. Doesnt need a ton of torque to hold it in place.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a 10.9 grade, to be fair when I removed the old one with a 1/2 inch racket it was tight as hell and made that horrible cracking sound, the sound that makes you think **** it's snapped

Thanks
Clayton

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Ignore the cat in the background

Thanks
Clayton
I logged in just so I could see the cat LOL.

So what torx size is that bolt? It was a couple of months back now I tried to remove that bolt but none of the torx I had would fit it properly? One was tool small, the next size up in the set too big.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts