BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get rid of that 170mph 'nanny' on my beast. The only time I have hit the 'limiter' it felt like the car wanted to punch right through it. Flat amazing.
I would like to get a software 'overwrite' but not really sure what is the best. I don't have any other mods on the car other than the charcoal filter delete.

Also: What is the ultimate unrestricted top speed of the E60 M5? By the way it felt at 170 indicated, I should think that an honest(gps) 190 mph would be possible?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm wanting to get rid of that 170mph 'nanny' on my beast. The only time I have hit the 'limiter' it felt like the car wanted to punch right through it. Flat amazing.
I would like to get a software 'overwrite' but not really sure what is the best. I don't have any other mods on the car other than the charcoal filter delete.

Also: What is the ultimate unrestricted top speed of the E60 M5? By the way it felt at 170 indicated, I should think that an honest(gps) 190 mph would be possible?
Evolve tune can remove it : BMW M5/M6 E60/E63/E64 ECU Tune Stage 1 including Evolver remote flash tuning tool

Speed Limiter Removal.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
ESS, Evolve, Dinan, etc. all delete the speed limiter in addition to improving performance and driveability.

I would be interested in seeing a GPS corrected top speed of the E60 M5. I have a feeling a stock car will not reach actual 200mph.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a feeling a stock car will not reach actual 200mph.
That would be my guess, as well. FWIW, when mine was at 170 indicated, the GPS showed 162 mph. Still, I bet an honest 190 might be possible? Which is still faster than heck!! :cool:

·
Registered
301 Posts
When he car was on Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson is quoted as saying unlimited the car will reach 204mph.

Reactions: Tim_Mc

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
GPS verified is the only way I would believe what the top speed actually is as even at 160mph on the speedo my GPS showed it to be 150mph.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have an original UK M5 sales brochure, which claims potential top speed is 205mph, but electronically limited to 155mph..
I still tell everyone 205mph.. its what BMW claim.. ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I did 207mph with the extra 4-5 mph safety thing coded out, the previous owner had it removed and coded. All I had on at the time was the agency power pulley and eisenmann exhaust

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts