BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The guys were stiff as boards. The Viper vs. Cobra was utterly ridiculous. Very poor. Maybe it's because it is the first show. Will give them a chance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have to agree. TopGear is one of my favorite shows, therefore I was eagerly awaiting the US version. Unfortunately, the three guys they have hosting are "utterly rubbish" - real TopGear reference, and the show itself was really not that good. I will watch again to make sure, but there is definitely no replacement for the off hand comments, deadpan humor, and general fun of the UK version.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I saw the show and I felt uncomfortable watching it. The cobra/viper scene was super lame. I think the hosts come off as if they truly don't know anything about cars and not credible but reading scripts. It would have been great if they had some better known hosts with automotive history IMHO. I've seen Mario Andretti and Paul Tracy test drive for other shows; think it would be better with them. I'll give it a couple more tries.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Horrible episode. Those guys were awful. Flat, bland, boring...I could go on for days.

I guess we're spoiled; 170mph in our cars is a walk in the park. These guys were peeing their pants doing 170 in the Lambos!

·
Registered
832 Posts
They made a version over here in Australia too.
Terrible. They got in some hot water too after using cars as bowling pins.
I think it's been canned. No surprise.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Horrible episode. Those guys were awful. Flat, bland, boring...I could go on for days.

I guess we're spoiled; 170mph in our cars is a walk in the park. These guys were peeing their pants doing 170 in the Lambos!
Whoever was in the 570-4 couldn't shift it for his life.. AT LEAST DO A RETAKE. I don't see the show lasting for long, the only benefit is that I get to see double the car reviews.. even though I can't take the second show seriously.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Yes the UK version is much better, but it took them time to get there.

Please give the americans a few episodes to work it out.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I met Tanner and he's no Jeremy. Jeremy is a real car nut with writting / editorial skills, an artist. tanner is a drifter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The first years of TG weren't so great either. Give it some time, they'll go through a couple hosts and hopefully find their own way. Nothing can match the chemistry TGUK has...nothing so stop comparing it and relax, it's a car show.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts