BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody catch Top gear last night? They did a comparison of the GT3 modified vs. the 360 Stradle.

I have concluded that my dream car for the future is the 360 Stradle. Now I just have to figure out if I want the 2000$ hand painted stripe. :cool:

I am really enjoying the top gear shows. Hope they play more! ;)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The show has some great cars on it, but I don't understand why they have an live audience of zombies standing on stage. Sometimes it looks like a set from Night of the Living Dead.

Steve

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TurboCarrera said:
The show has some great cars on it, but I don't understand why they have an live audience of zombies standing on stage. Sometimes it looks like a set from Night of the Living Dead.

Steve

I dont even think they are car fans, just random people the show recruits to make the show look more appealing. Where's Tiff when you need him! :1:

·
Super Moderator
10,465 Posts
unespekta said:
Anybody catch Top gear last night? They did a comparison of the GT3 modified vs. the 360 Stradle.

I have concluded that my dream car for the future is the 360 Stradle. Now I just have to figure out if I want the 2000$ hand painted stripe. :cool:

I saw that show last night to and also need one of those. I'll take a silver one, and Yes it must have the stripes (just like on the cover of the current magazine Forza (not sure if that's spelled right).

I would take a gt3 rs too, no reason to be a snob...
Mike :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
TurboCarrera said:

Steve
That's because they recorded new studio sequences for the US version of Top Gear. They just got a bunch of people together and recorded a few interludes between edited car features. The regular show that aires on BBC2 has more interaction with the audience. I hope Discovery brings the regular episodes to the US.

What I don't understand is why they don't broadcast the regular show on BBC-America. grrrrrrr

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I was confused till I read the thread. I was thought you wanted an investment option in Top Gear, but then I realized you wanted a Ferrari...oops.
I havent been able to catch Top Gear out here in the US yet, so I just download them via bit torrent.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Gop-Dogg said:
What I don't understand is why they don't broadcast the regular show on BBC-America. grrrrrrr
This little mix they made sort of makes sense. I think Americans won't be really concerned about buying the best coupe or what the chief constable of wales has done in London. Those are oriented toward the average British viewer. The cut outs were the news and the star in the reasonable priced car, the shopping comparison section (i.e a 2 door citroen vs. a 2 door renault). Also anti-american comments made by Jeremy :hihi:

Even though it was butchered to hell in the eyes of the bittorrent user, the people who have just watched this is going to think it was an incredible episode since, in essence, was action packed in such a way that the average American wouldn't turn away.

·
Registered
336 Posts
unespekta said:

It was a GT3 RS they had.

For me, I'd take the GT3 RS anyday of the week. Nothing against Ferrari, but the P-car is a much more focused track car which is what matters between these 2 cars.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
It's a shame they are putting the old Topgears on TV now, And calling them "all new".

In any case, keep in mind the 360 stradale although a great car is slower and handles worse than the New 430...Go to Racingflix.com Register and go to browse videos and D/l the 430 test you will change your mind ;) By the way that site is free.

Also alot of the topgears are on there.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jayson said:
It's a shame they are putting the old Topgears on TV now, And calling them "all new".

In any case, keep in mind the 360 stradale although a great car is slower and handles worse than the New 430...Go to Racingflix.com Register and go to browse videos and D/l the 430 test you will change your mind ;) By the way that site is free.

Also alot of the topgears are on there.

I have actually heard from ferrari owners that they like the Stradle better the new 430. I personally like the styling of the Stradle 360 better. It looks and seems like a more "focused" sports car. Rugged and strictly business.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
unespekta said:
I have actually heard from ferrari owners that they like the Stradle better the new 430. I personally like the styling of the Stradle 360 better. It looks and seems like a more "focused" sports car. Rugged and strictly business.
In my language "stradle" either means a rather complicated investment or a technique used by some females on their partners during certain activities.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The most recent Top Gear here in the UK featured the 430. Interesting observation was that the 'stig' and the Ferrari test driver they had there both beleived that the 360 Stradale was quicker round the track than the 430 because of the tyres.

The Stradale was on Pirrelis, and the 430 was on Bridgestones.

And on that bomb shell, thats the end of my post.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
stumbo said:
The most recent Top Gear here in the UK featured the 430. Interesting observation was that the 'stig' and the Ferrari test driver they had there both beleived that the 360 Stradale was quicker round the track than the 430 because of the tyres.

The Stradale was on Pirrelis, and the 430 was on Bridgestones.

And on that bomb shell, thats the end of my post.
So what was the stigs time in the 430...I saw the other guy test the 430, and he was so impressed he bought one...ANd clarkson in the mag, said he was upset he got the Ford Gt and wanted the 430 cuz it was perfact.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Jayson said:
So what was the stigs time in the 430...I saw the other guy test the 430, and he was so impressed he bought one...ANd clarkson in the mag, said he was upset he got the Ford Gt and wanted the 430 cuz it was perfact.
i think it was about 0.3 seconds off the stradale.

And Clarkson raved more than I think I have ever heard him rave about the 430.

Roll on the M5 test this Sunday (on the UK's TG season).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.