BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the M5 out the garage the other day, sounded sweet as a nut when i took it out, left it parked for a bit (working in the garage) and then did a lap of the block and put it back in at night. When I got it back in it sounded like a bag of bolts. It sounds like either a cam follower has stuck or a valve is clipping the piston (extremely unlikely and im fairly sure this isnt what has happened but thats what it sounds like) I didnt have time to did to deep but it definately sounds like its comming from the valve train and not the vanos. Ive never heard a buggered vanos in the flesh but this noise is differant to how I understand a stuffed vanos unit to sound.

The car has been tucked up since November and done about 2 miles but it does get turned over and left to heat up every other week.

Has anyone had anything like this before? I think its a sticky cam follower personally but like i say, didnt have enough time to delve in to deep!

Ta

Iain

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lifters not working properly? There was a discussion about that a while ago, regarding the noises they make after long periods of not running the engine, search for it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts