BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty cool site! The E60 M5 is the only 4 door in the top 20 and is surounded by 2 door super cars.

Top 50: Fastest Cars

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, clear back at #42 lol - we all know the newer CTS-V gives the E60 M5 a hell of a run for its money 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile, but on top end the V10 pulls away from it and keeps on climbing!!!!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Reactions: M V10

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice to know! Is this gear ratio limited or will modifications result in higher top speeds? I know at those speeds another 50hp would only get you 1-2 mph but I am curious to see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The site referenced stock cars, stock engine and gearing etc... There is some You Tube footage out there of an E60 M5 doing 212mph.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
glad to see the Alpina B5 S made it as well :applause:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed! - Alpina B5 S is a sweet car!

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Wait .............. I'm a M5 noob. Are you saying with the limiter removed the M5s will do around 200MPH?? Huh??? That is amazing.
Yep. But there's also a question of indicated vs real speeds. My friend with a modded M5 reached 205 on his speedometer but only 194 was indicated on his vBox.

You also bring up an interesting point. There maybe other cars out there that would make that list if their speed limiters were removed.

To Curtis, I don't believe it's limited because of gearing. I don't think G-Power's Hurricane cars have different gearing to make their higher speeds, just more power.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
The site referenced stock cars, stock engine and gearing etc... There is some You Tube footage out there of an E60 M5 doing 212mph.
Also listed on the BMWUSA website it says the M6 hit a GPS verified speed of 211. I didn't see it on the list.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts