BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put down a deposit for the E60 M5. Dealer has no clue when the'll release it. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Congrats :cheers:

Sorry to say but it seems like the Us will be waiting a fair while. I think the end of 2005 will be the start of delivery.

Did you ask how many deposits your dealer has infront of yours?
Sacha...

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
We've been over this many times. If you do a search youll find lots of speculation. heres mine: first deliveries in October 2005. From Oct 05- ~July 06 supply will be limited and the markups will be flying. From that point on the volume will allow supply and demand to get closer to each other, except in CA.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm number 12 at my dealer, and cars are expected to start arriving October 2005. In the past, this dealer has gotten about 3-5 M5's per month. If that continues, I'll have mine somtime in the first quarter of 2006.

I'm paying MSRP, not a penny more.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Deliveries are around this time next year for USA according to BMW M. More wait than this they cant allow the competition to have.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Has anyone done a euro delivery?

European Delivery

I'm thinking about going over to Germany and taking delivery of the car at the Munich Delivery Center. It seems like a good idea to test the car on the Autobahn before bringing it home :wroom: , provided the break-in rules will allow. Anybody go this route? Is it more trouble that its worth? I understand there's lots of paperwork involved and there is always the risk something may happen to the car before I get it home or during shipping. I'm not too worried about that, but I'd like to hear from some of you guys that have done it.

Michael
2000 Dinan M5 Carbon Black / Caramel (For Sale)
2006 BMW M5 (On Order)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
European delivery appears pretty interesting and fun. The ~$7k is nothing to sneeze at either.

I too would like to hear from those who have done it.

Tom

·
Registered
65 Posts
How do you feel about not having a stick shift in you next M5?

UOTE=nycesam]I just put down a deposit for the E60 M5. Dealer has no clue when the'll release it. Any ideas guys?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it'll be interesting. Plus I'm also thinking of getting the 360 Modena ... in manual grateshift so I should get best of both worlds. Just can't seem to get away from the M cars u know

Will Harvey said:
How do you feel about not having a stick shift in you next M5?

UOTE=nycesam]I just put down a deposit for the E60 M5. Dealer has no clue when the'll release it. Any ideas guys?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
816 Posts
nycesam said:
I think it'll be interesting. Plus I'm also thinking of getting the 360 Modena ... in manual grateshift so I should get best of both worlds. Just can't seem to get away from the M cars u know
[/QUOTE]
Are you thinking getting the 360 or F430? Just curious to know. I agree with "... just can't seem to get away from the M cars ..."! I like what they've done to the F430.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It is criminal not to offer a manual transmission in the e60 M5. Perfectly executed shifting is a large part of the satisfaction of driving these cars... is it not? We must make our opinions heard!

nycesam said:
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for some reason I prefer the way the 360 looks over the f430. I also drove the Bentley Continental GT....great car to drive but I needed a 4-door so I have on order the 4 door sedan version due out sometime next year. It's going to be an exciting year 2005! Can't wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts