3,033 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Reactions: racee78

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Maybe you can get some videos from the drive down to Bimmerfest. Should be plenty of good opportunities to make some nice racing videos :)

Unfortunately my friend and I will be taking the 5 instead of 101 so we won't be caravaning with the large group of cars from NorCal to SoCal.

Reactions: racee78

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did you just do laps? Was it a driver's school? Did you get to do rolling start drags with other cars?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you just do laps? Was it a driver's school? Did you get to do rolling start drags with other cars?
It was a driver's skills day or education day or some name like that, but it was 6 stations with 10 cars in a group for all day learning and fun.

Slalom, skid pad, accident avoidance and braking, advanced slalom, autocross and finally the handling oval where you practice late apex turns.

A really tight course for the beast since it was hosted by the Porsche club and set for smaller cars, but still boatloads of fun.

A bit frustrating having traction control on at times and kick in only to kill your throttle... flooring it and no gas. No response coming out of a less than full traction turn was surprising, though I can see how it could save people in a pinch.

She does like to spin way more than my old M3. I could only get the M3 around a time or two and the M5 went around like a ballerina. :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I learned a lot more about the abilities and why the traction control is great but is a huge hinderance when you want to spin it out a bit. I do have to say that she did come home with a few rubber marks from some unfortunate cones while maneuvering through the tight slalom course but she's all cleaned up and better now.

I heard you guys down there but didn't see the yellow one. Kept seeing what looked like a mini F1 car from a distance though.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yes, I learned a lot more about the abilities and why the traction control is great but is a huge hinderance when you want to spin it out a bit. I do have to say that she did come home with a few rubber marks from some unfortunate cones while maneuvering through the tight slalom course but she's all cleaned up and better now.

I heard you guys down there but didn't see the yellow one. Kept seeing what looked like a mini F1 car from a distance though.

The F1 looking thing is from Western, it's a school project, they build the entire car from scratch!

Me driving...

My best run

1 - 14 of 14 Posts