BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

absolutely gutted i love this car, i lost the rear end 2nd gear i thought i caught it then it just gripped and shot off in the other direction,

i think im gonna have to fully respray the car to make it mint again. :crying:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
TBH it doesn't look too bad. A new bumper, wing, grille panel and one or two small items and you're back on the road.

Avus blue should be fairly easy to match so I don't think you'll have to paint the whole car (unless you're looking for an excuse to paint it.)

Sorry you've smashed it though, they can teach you a bit of a lesson if you take the piss. Good luck with it.

PS give David a shout re the bumper as they are staggeringly expensive new.

·
Registered
758 Posts
God. Thats terrible. Been there... although not on the M. A lowly 540i6.

Get her fixed and replace a few things. Youll feel better when youre behind the wheel again.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
That's a shame! At least you're ok though.

I agree with Dan, a bumper replacement and at worst a wing and it will be good as, full respray will be overkill but no doubt stunning after.

Thetre are still fun even if too exciting on occasion as you found, :wroom:but bite they do and hard too.:crying2:

As said Mr O is prob best source for a replacement bumper.:deal:

Good luck

PS; what's under the cover?? Just being nosey bud

·
Registered
434 Posts
Been there done that ouich

You will be surprised now fast you can have it back on the road with a bit of help with the guys on the board.

Mine went all over the road a couple of times as it slid, bit, slid, bit, spun. Luckily there was a curb to stop me and not a person or any other cars involved. It seems you had the same luck

Take a deep breath and get her repaired, you now have a new respect for these widowmakers.

Rich

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I agree with the others, it looks a lot worse than it actually is.

I am sure David can source you a good bumper at a fair price. The rest of the bits are non M specific so shouldn't be too expensive brand new if you wanted to go that route.

She will be as good as new in no time.

We have all been there, I has almost identical damage to my E36 coupe in the snow in December.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a shame! At least you're ok though.

I agree with Dan, a bumper replacement and at worst a wing and it will be good as, full respray will be overkill but no doubt stunning after.

Thetre are still fun even if too exciting on occasion as you found, :wroom:but bite they do and hard too.:crying2:

As said Mr O is prob best source for a replacement bumper.:deal:

Good luck

PS; what's under the cover?? Just being nosey bud
yeh i suppose a full respray will be a bit over the top, but then i suppose it gives me an excuse get it all done as there is a little rust bubbling by the rear spoiler and filler cap + a few dings and scratches that i may aswell sort.

under the cover theres my 3 door sierra cosworth, cheers

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TBH it doesn't look too bad. A new bumper, wing, grille panel and one or two small items and you're back on the road.

Avus blue should be fairly easy to match so I don't think you'll have to paint the whole car (unless you're looking for an excuse to paint it.)

Sorry you've smashed it though, they can teach you a bit of a lesson if you take the piss. Good luck with it.

PS give David a shout re the bumper as they are staggeringly expensive new.
i had a m8 with a avus blue 328i and it was a b***ard to match up the colour, in the end he painted the whole car,

u probably cant tell in the pics but a previous owner had the bonnet, wing, and bumper painted before me and it doesent match, i think ill leave the roof but paint the rest, but first i need to get over it. cheers

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear that. I agree with the others, it looks a lot worse than it actually is.

I am sure David can source you a good bumper at a fair price. The rest of the bits are non M specific so shouldn't be too expensive brand new if you wanted to go that route.

She will be as good as new in no time.

We have all been there, I has almost identical damage to my E36 coupe in the snow in December.

i know its a horrible feeling damaging your pride and joy

i think ill get on the look out for one 2morow, other than that keep a look out if one comes up, i may need a wing aswell, cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts