BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
So maybe I have too much time on my hands or maybe I am too an*l, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove and prevent the oxidation that is building on my value covers below? I was cleaning up after replacing my MAFS (Wahoo!) this weekend and they caught my eye. I tried a couple of cleaners and had no luck.:crying2:

TIA!
Dave
:wroom:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Not really, but be careful of those 'collar screws' that hold on the upper plenum cover. I snapped one the other day with very little effort. BMW Australia did not have them in stock and it took 2.5 weeks to get one from germany. AU$27 for a bolt ;)

·
Registered
837 Posts
I chabged my plugs a few weeks back and those covers come off fairly easy, so I dont know what cleaner to reccomend, but when you find one its a breeze to take the covers out and clean, good luck, JOsh

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bmwusa said:
I chabged my plugs a few weeks back and those covers come off fairly easy, so I dont know what cleaner to reccomend, but when you find one its a breeze to take the covers out and clean, good luck, JOsh
Josh,
Cool. I have not taken the covers off yet. Do the bolts need to be torqued down or did you tighten until they were tight?

Thanks!
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts