BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the wall of text but in the near future I will be replacing the stock tired suspension in my M5. The problem is there is too much choice and I need some clarification on the options that meet my budget and requirements (20%ish stiffer than stock less roll and with the ability to be used with camber plates and optimally less than 1500 and optimally with the ability to run a square setup however this is not necessary. I don’t really care about adjustment either height or dampening but if its needed to get what I want then so be it I have narrowed it down to following each with their own concerns.

I am looking to run my car at around this height M5board ride hight - Imgur

BC racing seems almost too good to be true works with square setup adjustable height / dampening and camber plates however I cant find much info on how they ride with swift springs which I would likely be getting. I also have concerns of the quality of the dampening and the overall quality of the kit compared to other solutions. Something about a kit that you can get for less than 1k that has all of these perks that kits that cost double don’t even have doesn’t sit quite right with me. Also it seems that this kit is used mainly by people that want a setup for parking hard and not by people that want to drive their car "aggressively" and do the occasional track day.

Bilstein PSS kit with ground control camber plates. From what I’ve read it seems like the obvious choice. It has a stiff/harsh ride which is what I want (if moderately so) and works best with a slight drop in height from oem which is what I am looking for. Bilstein also has a good reputation for quality. However you cant run them on a square setup and I am a little swayed by the fact that this solution is not more popular compared to others especially when paired with camber plates.

Koni's with some sort of spring and ground control camper plates. Looking quite good now as tire rack is having a 25% off sale and the koni’s offers adjustable dampening and koni is a very proven company with a great track record and warranty. However it seems hard to find a spring setup to pair with the konis that would suit my needs (slight drop and stiffer) that has some guideline either online or from the manufacturer on how to set the dampening in relation to the spring to get what I am looking for.

Dinan stage 2? (had rear sway bar and dinan camber plates) The only one that I have experienced myself out of budget and a bit too soft for my liking but better than tired failing stock that I have in my car now and with that rear sway bar and camber plates the car was flattened out quite nicely with noticeably better turn in.

Also any input on eibach rear sway bar vs dinan. Both will be used with beast power brackets.

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
Ground control kit. I love mine after few days of adjustments it rides perfect.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
BC racing seems almost too good to be true works with square setup adjustable height / dampening and camber plates however I cant find much info on how they ride with swift springs which I would likely be getting. I also have concerns of the quality of the dampening and the overall quality of the kit compared to other solutions. Something about a kit that you can get for less than 1k that has all of these perks that kits that cost double don’t even have doesn’t sit quite right with me. Also it seems that this kit is used mainly by people that want a setup for parking hard and not by people that want to drive their car "aggressively" and do the occasional track day.
There is a lengthy thread about the long term feedback about the BC Racing coilovers. I'd recommend that you explore that thoroughly for better insight. From my gatherings, it is a quality kit with little to no complaints in terms of build quality, handling, and/or ride quality.

Actually, I don't think there are many complaints from those who decide to select a particular suspension setup. There are a number of quality sets available, depending on your budget. I myself have Bilstein PSS9 and I'm very happy with them. I've also driven M5s with KW and GC and found those to be quality sets also.

IMO, comes down to user preference/brand preference, pricing, usage, and after-purchase support.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a lengthy thread about the long term feedback about the BC Racing coilovers. I'd recommend that you explore that thoroughly for better insight. From my gatherings, it is a quality kit with little to no complaints in terms of build quality, handling, and/or ride quality.

Actually, I don't think there are many complaints from those who decide to select a particular suspension setup. There are a number of quality sets available, depending on your budget. I myself have Bilstein PSS9 and I'm very happy with them. I've also driven M5s with KW and GC and found those to be quality sets also.

IMO, comes down to user preference/brand preference, pricing, usage, and after-purchase support.
I have read the entire long term bc coilover thread but like I said im just unsettled by all the features for the price and whilst the consensus seams to be they are great I cant help but not really trust the quality also I cant really find info on bc's with swift springs for our cars.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have owned two sets, and friends of mine have owned another 3-4. They are great. I buy mine through Circut Motorsports. Great people who stand behind their products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts