1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
837 Posts
The 01 nd 03 seem suspect, why would they be selling for so low? if they are legit it sounds like a good deal, but something seems amiss with those two, Josh

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I guess some of them have some major problems noone is talking about? Those numbers just seem way too low. High 20's seems right for a few of those cars, but 50k miles for $19k? Sure it has blown pixles and a god awful interior combo (red leather and the wood is not something I would want to stare at, but to each their own), but that just suprises the crap out of me. I guess I can afford an M5 right now. :D
I just looked again, and it seems that the first and last car are the same, with different info...fishy.
:cheers:

·
Registered
166 Posts
here is the actual mileage of the last one.
Any why does the date look funny? hmm....
and yes the first and last are the same car

·
Registered
465 Posts
Emmasis said:
here is the actual mileage of the last one.
Any why does the date look funny? hmm....
and yes the first and last are the same car
I think MY2000 cars had an instrument cluster problem, which should have been fixed if that car was as "well-maintained" as we are set out to believe....

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
BmwNut said:
...I just looked again, and it seems that the first and last car are the same, with different info...fishy.
Bren - I bet you've never been to Illinois. The last time I was in Illinois, I thought I was in Florida when I saw palm trees everywhere :hihihi:.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
That is odd Howie...hmm. I didnt know that palm trees could survive the winters up there. Here I go hijacking another thread. PM me and let me know how heel and toeing have been coming along.

·
Registered
612 Posts
These sure do seem to be low in cost. However a few of them are over 100K miles - so no more warranty. I'd be uncomfortable taking over a used (abused?) Beast with such high milage.

The oddest one to me is the 2003 with only 25K miles for $22K. Seems like it should be $52K! There must be a reason if not a typo!:eek:

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Stickman said:
! There must be a reason if not a typo!:eek:

Un, yeah- it's a scam.

You will call and a stolen cell phone will ring in a pocket hundreds of miles from the purported location. You'll get a hard luck story about needing to make a quick sale. There will be a multitude of options all designed to either get a few bucks from you as a deposit or even a wire transfer to a fraudulent escrow company.

Incredibly simple solution: I must see the car prior to any deposit- if they refuse, you're outta there. Offer to fly tomorrow- You: "Where is the car", Them: "uh, it's in Boston", You" "Oh, I'll be there tomorrow", Them: Click

IMO- 20% of the sales on-line for these high end cars are scams. Just look at the cars that are 20k under blue book.

A

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
canysmc said:
Look at the link again.

There's a 02 M5 for $7000 :rolleyes:
Yes that is my car. Sadly I invested my money in an upstart internet company and while I had potential to make some money, I lost it all. My family and I have been eating fried dough for the last week, and I need $7000 to keep the bank from taking my exotic gila monster. My kids would be devastated if Mr. Scraggles had to go. So instead I am sacrificing my gorgeous E39 M5 for the exact amount it takes to keep Mr. Scraggles in my kids loving arms. Please help me make my kids happy! Or something like that. Car is located in Botswana, and I am in Uzbekistan.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
And sadly, the vet needs am immediate $1000 to keep Mr Scraggles alive, so please wire a deposit to my swiss acount. PS: excuse the fact that all pictures of the car look like a used car lot in Chicago. My camera is broke and I don't have the money to fix it either...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Jeez Richard, you got me crying on that one. hiha hiha
Derka Derka Mohammad Jihad Josh? Ah, derka derka...

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Omar said:
I think MY2000 cars had an instrument cluster problem, which should have been fixed if that car was as "well-maintained" as we are set out to believe....
True indeed, most 2000 MY cars had the 'pixel' disappearing problem, and if indeed it was maintained properly it would have had the cluster replaced under warranty (with the newer grey-faced cluster found in 2001+ MY beasts). I think that alone says a lot... And it definitely looks like a scam...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts