BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Cheers from Brazil! :cheers:
My first post here... sorry if it's long or if it doesn't make much sense... it's because of the anxiety prior to pick up my E60!
Tomorrow is a big day... my 2007 Black Sapphire E60 M5 will be delivered, and I'm very excited!

I'm 30 yrs old, huge fan of cars (etc etc...) and the ///M badge has been my dream since I was a little kid!

Owned a Vauxhall Astra that I later turbocharged... had 400 bhp and a huge headache everytime it broke :grrrrr:
Later (and my ex-car, prior to the BMW) was a 2002 Audi S3... Fun car to drive! But I wanted more...

And then I started saving money to get an E46 M3... looked around for a while... did some math... and thought of the 550 as an option.
Maybe a little slower, and not so sporty... but I wanted some luxury, space, confort and tech... until I met the M5.

Fell in love with it, completly. Checked 3 cars and finally bought one!
And tomorrow is my big day!

Have dreamed about it for days... It's inside my mind... even my boss can tell 'thare's something going on in your head!' he says...
He's right... I jump to YouTube, search for M5, and all related videos have purple hyperlinks... because I have seen them all!

Can't stop thinking about launch control... about the M button... about how good it looks and how disturbed my friends will be when they meet the beast!

Well, I guess tomorrow I'll post some pictures and my first impressions! :eek:oohhh:
Wish I could just freeze today... and specially tomorrow... and cycle these couple of days through, for the rest of my life! Feels so good, like a child facing christmas eve.

Regards,

Ferretti

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey Ferretti,

Como vai. Minha esposa e um brasiliera. She is from Goiania. Congrats on picking up you M, I am sure you will not be sleeping the night before. I got mine yesterday. I hope you are ready for filling the gas tank. What are you guys paying for premium down there? I think driving the M in Brasil would be awesome. NO speed limits...kinda :haha: I spent a few years living in Goiania, Caldas Novas, Uberlandia and a little time in Uberaba. Eu sinto muito saldade do Brasil. Let me know how things go.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! You are in for the time of your life!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congrats hate waiting, got mine a week ago enjoy, take lots of pics of delivery and post!!

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Welcome, you will love the car :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Ferretti,

Como vai. Minha esposa e um brasiliera. She is from Goiania. Congrats on picking up you M, I am sure you will not be sleeping the night before. I got mine yesterday. I hope you are ready for filling the gas tank. What are you guys paying for premium down there? I think driving the M in Brasil would be awesome. NO speed limits...kinda :haha: I spent a few years living in Goiania, Caldas Novas, Uberlandia and a little time in Uberaba. Eu sinto muito saldade do Brasil. Let me know how things go.
Que bacana!! cheio de brasileiro aqui e melhor ainda dirigindo uma M5...wally quando tiver um time track por aqui ve se aparece..Ferretti eu sempre quis ter uma M5 desde que era muleke mas acabei realizando meu sonho aqui nos EUA..Temos a mesma idade e o mesmo carro....Parabens e acelera:1:

·
Registered
359 Posts
In for some pics, congraz on your car. I hate it when you have to wait for something your soo impatient about. GL.

·
Registered
452 Posts
:thumbsup:

Congragulations!

Proibição velocidade muito! :hihi:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well... God IS ironic... Jeez.

Well, my beast arived 1 week ago, but I had to travel... for 1 week!! Can you believe that??
I have no more nails, ate all my fingers...

But, eventually, the great day came!!! :clap:

I'm really not prepared to describe how it feels. I guess you all guys know what I mean.
You would need a poet to describe such feelings!

First of all is the impact of the luxurious interior... you get used to driving position, set the mirrors...
And when you hit 'start' you realize it's for real.

The first time you accelerate... it's pure magic :)
SO happy!! Best days of my life so far!

Some pics for you guys, sorry for the poor quality (iPhone 4 + night time = ugh!).
Never thought the drive to work would be so exciting! And, of course, the way back!!

Cheers!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello Wally. Down here (in the south of the country) gas is more expensive... I'm paying up to R$ 3 per liter. That's about US$ 2,4 per gallon! (ouch).
Good to know that you know here. I know Goiania and south of Minas Gerais. Great cities, with lots of beautiful women :)

In the past years there were many speed traps installed in São Paulo, and all around the country.
Luckly for me, here in Porto Alegre there are only a few...

Gonna take it slow though, until I get to know the car well to push it to the limits :)
Best regards!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pois é Freddy!! Bom saber que tem os brazucas por aqui! Hehe.
Poxa, adoraria testar a M5 em um trackday também. Já andei em interlagos com o meu antigo S3, muito legal!

Agora que estou morando em Porto Alegre fica mais dificil. Aqui não tem trackdays! Só em Curitiba... mas é bem longe, teria que levar o carro num guincho!

Pois é, a M5 sempre foi um sonho pra mim também! E me deixa muito feliz conseguir realizar este sonho nesta idade!!
Esperando a noite passar para dirigir ela, outra vez... :)

Abraços!

·
Registered
353 Posts
First pics shown filling the tank lol. We spend a lot of time filling up, and when we're not, we're looking at that stupid pump icon telling us it's almost time to feed the beast again. It's always hungry.

Congrats on the purchase!

Dave

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
First pics shown filling the tank lol. We spend a lot of time filling up, and when we're not, we're looking at that stupid pump icon telling us it's almost time to feed the beast again. It's always hungry.

Congrats on the purchase!

Dave
Firstly, Beautiful Car and Welcome!!

+1 on the above post. Looking at the pump icon and watching the tach are two of the primary duties when driving our beasts!! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts