BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmmm... Thinking about playing again... Am I being crazy?? I'm not sure if I am... What would the ASR Stage 3 set up do if it met the stroker motor? I am not a Dinan fan at all, but the stroker is tempting.. But I already have the ASR stage 3.. What if?????? Any comments on this? Should I try it or should I just be happy with where my M5 is at today? The power I have is already intense by the way, but I suppose we could always go more.... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have also wondered about that because I thought of doing that setup as well and I wonder what would happen? Maybe ASR can chime in..

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Well, I don't know enough about NOS to give you sound advice but
I'd really like to see it happen. :grinyes: I'm sure Abid help you in your
decision.

But if I were you and a stroker is a real option I'd also consider
what ASR is doing with a TT setup. And if the Dinan stroker isn't
appealing you can always check out RDSport's or Evosport's stroker
(when available).

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I would wait for ASR TT kit or s/c from VF? ESS? And just enjoy your nos for now. Maybe you should upgrade your brake to brembo or get KWv3 coilver.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Stick in mud here, do you want the stroker (which is 2/3rds the cost of most used M5's) with the NOS (cuz that would be awesome) or the stroker vs you now?

IMHO there are enough of the proper bolt-ons to come within 40-50 HP of the stroker which if you consider "bang for the buck" seems not worth it...

FWIW the stroker is where (I would think) most M5Board members feel should have been stock :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
If $$$$$ is no object, why not??

·
Registered
682 Posts
If you have deep pockets go for it!! NOS on the stroker will only increase your chance blowing the tranny, clutch, and Diff etc. Im sure Dinan wont cover this under there warrenty when you come in with a blown motor!!

Dont get me wrong I would love to see that combination in Action, but dont want to be financially repsonsible for it. LOL

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I already discussed this with Abid and it seems like it would not be a safe thing to do due to thinner walls of the block and so forth. I hope Abid can chime in on this to explain a lot better.

Mike

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the responses!! I figured I would need to talk to Abid before doing anything. I don't want to blow a motor out from under my hood.. I'll keep it posted.... Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mike, your crazy! what the NOS isnt enough? LOL. I would have to say the same I would rather do the twin turbo setup. Theres just something about having a formula one exhaust tone and a jet turbine sound all at the same time.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Very interesting but no comment from me.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts