BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the concensus to add the Gold or silver deco stripes to my freshly painted DiamantSchwarz Alpina....According to the Alpina build sheet they were a option on the car...
I contacted WallothNesche today for availability/pricing......
Any other places to purchase these for decent price?

I can not decide - I may just buy them and hold on installing.....:confused2

Thanks....:M5launch:

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
David

I would be inclined to put silver or gold outline stripes on at some stage... however i'd probably wait a short while till the paint had properly cured... (maybe a year)

as for where else to get them from.. I believe any of the German Alpina stockists should be able to help...

igf you have a look in the gallery on my site www.e28club.com you will see a black E28 B10 owned by a mate of mine with thick silver stripes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D4 said:
David

I would be inclined to put silver or gold outline stripes on at some stage... however i'd probably wait a short while till the paint had properly cured... (maybe a year)

as for where else to get them from.. I believe any of the German Alpina stockists should be able to help...

igf you have a look in the gallery on my site www.e28club.com you will see a black E28 B10 owned by a mate of mine with thick silver stripes...
Thanks Andy -

Do you have a couple of German Alpina Stockist that you would recommend?
Contact info?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
David

sorry I don't.. normally i ring Alpina parts department directly to check if the part is still availabe.. (i know the stripes are) but then in the UK we can order them from any main BMW dealer (Alpina themselves won't do mail order...) however a list of German stockists/distributors is listed with contact details on their website.. presume it's a case of simply call a few in the major cities and seeing if they will ship to the US for you most of the main dealers will spea pretty good english...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KSK here in the states wants $695.00 US dollars for this kit - unbelievable :grrrr:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
at current exchange rates that's not bad for a gen kit... not saying it's good value for money, but a genuine e30 front spoiler stripe kit is close to £100 GBP!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
D4 said:
at current exchange rates that's not bad for a gen kit... not saying it's good value for money, but a genuine e30 front spoiler stripe kit is close to £100 GBP!!!
My buddy here in the states bought the silver E30 gen kit for 219.83 Euros -

What does this equal in US $? Doesn't Euro = $1.28 US dollars?

Thanks

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
it's .77 dollars = 1 euro or thereabouts.. so your mate's 220 euros is about 285 dollars which is very good.. though i'm not convinved that's a genuine kit at that price.. if it is it's a good price... normally the price of the genuine kit has lead many in UK and europe to have copies of the stripes made - these can be found all over ebay etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
D4 said:
it's .77 dollars = 1 euro or thereabouts.. so your mate's 220 euros is about 285 dollars which is very good.. though i'm not convinved that's a genuine kit at that price.. if it is it's a good price... normally the price of the genuine kit has lead many in UK and europe to have copies of the stripes made - these can be found all over ebay etc...
andy good point - Do you know these folks:
http://www.wallothnesch.com/e/framewelcome.htm

Would they be legit for original Alpina parts? How would I know Alpina original parts from fake?

Thanks

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Walloth and Nesch come higly recommended and as far as i know sell only genuine BMW and Alpina equipment... (not sure if they sell the stripe kits though)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GaAlpinaowner said:
What is the concensus to add the Gold or silver deco stripes to my freshly painted DiamantSchwarz Alpina....According to the Alpina build sheet they were a option on the car...
I contacted WallothNesche today for availability/pricing......
Any other places to purchase these for decent price?

I can not decide - I may just buy them and hold on installing.....:confused2

Thanks....:M5launch:

David
WallothNesche says there are no more deco kits for Alpina B7's
Can anyone verify if this true -

thanks

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
Defn go for the silver rather than gold, if you can...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
David I'm not exactly surprised that the 'old' style stripes are no longer available... not surprised - but disappointed as it means troubles for when i come to stripe my B9... also 'old' style stripes...

it probably explains why many UK owners i've met have had stripes made up rather than use originals...

Just out of interest and not trying to hijack your thread...
just about to stripe my E32 B11.. the car is Royal Blue Metallic.. 2 choices silver or gold...

Discuss....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
D4 said:
David I'm not exactly surprised that the 'old' style stripes are no longer available... not surprised - but disappointed as it means troubles for when i come to stripe my B9... also 'old' style stripes...

it probably explains why many UK owners i've met have had stripes made up rather than use originals...

Just out of interest and not trying to hijack your thread...
just about to stripe my E32 B11.. the car is Royal Blue Metallic.. 2 choices silver or gold...

Discuss....
I have not verified completely that these are no longer available, KSK in US says they are....ouich WallothNesche says the gold are gone - waiting to hear on the silver
I was going to do gold as that is what came on the car - but I believe my car would look better with silver - to match the rest of the chrome...

On yours I would do the silver unless you had the chrome changed to gold color - The gold just does not seem to match anything or color on these cars.....you know how picky we Americans are.....:1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
GaAlpinaowner said:
I have not verified completely that these are no longer available, KSK in US says they are....ouich WallothNesche says the gold are gone - waiting to hear on the silver
I was going to do gold as that is what came on the car - but I believe my car would look better with silver - to match the rest of the chrome...

On yours I would do the silver unless you had the chrome changed to gold color - The gold just does not seem to match anything or color on these cars.....you know how picky we Americans are.....:1:
interesting point you make about the chrome work.. i understand what you're saying.. but personally i love the gold against the Royal Blue.. (as seen on may of the B12 press pics...) perhaps i need more time to think about it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
D4 said:
interesting point you make about the chrome work.. i understand what you're saying.. but personally i love the gold against the Royal Blue.. (as seen on may of the B12 press pics...) perhaps i need more time to think about it...
Andy either way the car will look and be awesome - go with the gold on the blue it will look great! :haha:

KSK tells me the stripes are "not the thick filled in stripes, but rather the double thin line stripes."

What does this mean? I thought the B9 and B7 had the "double thin line stripes"

thanks

David
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,806 Posts
GaAlpinaowner said:
Andy either way the car will look and be awesome - go with the gold on the blue it will look great! :haha:

KSK tells me the stripes are "not the thick filled in stripes, but rather the double thin line stripes."

What does this mean? I thought the B9 and B7 had the "double thin line stripes"

thanks

David

The E12 and early E28 B7 and B9's had thick stripes. The later (post 1983) E28s had double thin line stripes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I suggest you put the stripe.
Without them the car looks like a normal 5-series.
These are really the identity of the car.
I painted my car and had the silver stripes custom remade.
It cost around 250 EUR.
Alpina doesn't carry them in all colours, just green.

Gold or Silver stripes would be just a perfet match for your car

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
You might want to drop member Antonov (known as Gran'pa to some of us!) a line. I know he aquired some incomplete remainders of striping from Alpina, and has used them as patterns to have new sets cut. His e21 B6 2.8 has a nice silver set on it.....

GaAlpinaowner said:
I was going to do gold as that is what came on the car - but I believe my car would look better with silver - to match the rest of the chrome...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
GaAlpinaowner said:
Andy either way the car will look and be awesome - go with the gold on the blue it will look great! :haha:

KSK tells me the stripes are "not the thick filled in stripes, but rather the double thin line stripes."

What does this mean? I thought the B9 and B7 had the "double thin line stripes"

thanks

David
Your vintage would have had the outline stripes, David. Maybe you ought to do what I plan on - have them painted on. "One of these days," when I get to the cosmetic restoration, I will have the car returned to its original Alpina (Sapphir) blue. I plan on having the outline stripes painted in, in gold. However, if I do well in the market, lose a rich uncle, or hit the lotto, they will be done in gold leaf! ;) A previous comment in this thread said it all for me: they ARE the <visual> identity of these cars...
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top