BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
And let's also remember that while English is the language most posts are written in, there are members here from all over the world. So please be respectful of the culture and customs of others. I'm proud to be an American, but members from other nations are proud of their countries also. So please keep nationalistic statements in check. Same with religion. We have members with lots of differing views. There is an Off-Topic forum where you CAN discuss politics and non-car related things. But personal attacks, etc. are still forbidden even in that forum.

Thanks for the re-post Dan.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think this thread literally saved my *** a few times.
I like the way 'whatheheck' say 'We make choices everyday',

My friends learnt the hard way, crashing M6, M3 and GTR.
Being young kind of helped, no injuries apart from small cuts and bruises.(GTR crashed at 145mph and he's just fine)
After the crashes, we started to learn our cars better on track and stopped messing about on public roads.
They changed their cars to Lambos, Maseratis and Ferrari and so far so good. (Mostly by not touching the traction control..)
I started to realize how silly it is to drive dangerously on public roads whilst you can do some proper runs on tracks.

Take your car to track and see how much fun you can have without putting you and others into danger and trouble.
(I also realized how slow I am :biggrin: E46 M3, 996s, Scirocco, etc would pass me and literally leave me behind standing still :eek:h:, especially in corners. I did 8:55 on Nurburgring, that's how bad I am :crying: practice, practice, practice..)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Somehow I became sidetracked off of this thread onto the accident involving the 5 teens in Florida.

At the age of 42, with lots of experience, I know this car can be fun and a whole lot more. Respect the car and know that we all should have limits, especially while driving a beast like this.

I applaud the board members for their caution given to this young man just hours before the accident.

Please, everyone, not just young kids, read the story of JA and respect the car and your fellow man(or woman).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I begrudgingly admit, this is making me reconsider some of the things I do in my car. Maybe I'll listen to a book on tape on my drive home for Christmas this year instead of trying to see what speeds I can get away with on Interstate 10...
And thanks to all you guys out there offering your M5 and M6 know-how on this thread and the rest of the forum. It's a big help.
And happy holidays

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'm bumping this thread since there have been a few "incidents" with newer members.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I think this needs to be a sticky

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Milton, you beat me to it! Thank you Sir!
Great minds think alike as I was looking for this thread to revive this again due to recent experience we had. Thank you!

New members, please read from page 1. Please.....

So, allow me to add more:

This board comprises of very well experienced, very well respected, knowledgeable, friendly and respectful members.
I and moderator Mark Carson work very hard to maintain our established culture where each member is welcomed and respected.

However, respect goes both ways. If you start with trash talking or baseless or unfounded comments - then expect not so friendly replies.

How do we know some comments are baseless? Because if a person knows what he is talking about he wont be here asking questions. He will provide experience and data to back up his claim. Simple and common sense prevails.

Reminder that we are an all volunteer workforce here and none of us is getting paid. We spend time here to help others, contribute, share our experience and talk about our passion for our favorite M car. Please do not come here and try to change how we roll around here. It doesnt work that way.

It is sad that us mods have to step in once in a while and remind people to behave and try to get along with others and try to be respectful.
And some had to be flagged or banned as they cant seem to understand the simple message we are conveying.

Remember in life it is usually not what we want to say - its how we say it.

Thanks for listening.

I'm bumping this thread since there have been a few "incidents" with newer members.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm with you guys on that :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Thanks Dan, Milton, Anthony!

I surely needed a reminder.

I believe Anthony has made a very good suggestion. This thread should be a sticky.

Thanks and Regards
Hasan
Though we all need reminders from time to time, this reminder was not for you, my friend. Sadly, a few simple questions sent the person in question over the edge...

And now I can't get, "God Save the Queen" out of my head!! :1::1::1:

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hasan, you are one of the most respectful, kind and sharing person I know.

No reminder ever needed for you.

Bless you for being such a great person.

Thanks Dan, Milton, Anthony!

I surely needed a reminder.

I believe Anthony has made a very good suggestion. This thread should be a sticky.

Thanks and Regards
Hasan

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sometimes it is hard to not get "caught up in the moment". Recently I felt like I tried to diffuse a situation and it didn't work.. Next time, not sure if I will or will not do the same.. at the time, I felt I was doing what was right.

I have enjoyed my time here and appreciate the information I have been given and enjoyed seeing and reading what fellow M5/M6 owners have done with their cars...

I haven't offered much "knowledge" to the other members as I cannot spend the time to research and do the work on my car, so I am simply here to share my car.

Hopefully that is enough..

PS, Thanks to Dan and Mark for their "Free" time. It goes unnoticed too often.

I would name all of the other people but I will forget some and then I will be in trouble! ouich

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ben, you are a great member and I have always enjoyed reading all your posts.

Sharing your car with us, your thoughts on any matter is a delight.

On that specific thread - we all have tried to diffuse the situation. We all have tried to be welcoming and accommodating.
But some folks just have poor listening skills and think they always must have the last say.

And for everyone that disagreed with him was countered with personal attacks.

We all have our limits and when enough is enough we had to do something for the good of the community.

Thanks again for joining us here ben. And I can never thank you enough for sending me some great original KS BBQ sauce!
My wife and I enjoy it very much.

Contact me when you come visit Seattle and I will take you on a personal tour of Seattle with my beast.

Dan

Sometimes it is hard to not get "caught up in the moment". Recently I felt like I tried to diffuse a situation and it didn't work.. Next time, not sure if I will or will not do the same.. at the time, I felt I was doing what was right.

I have enjoyed my time here and appreciate the information I have been given and enjoyed seeing and reading what fellow M5/M6 owners have done with their cars...

I haven't offered much "knowledge" to the other members as I cannot spend the time to research and do the work on my car, so I am simply here to share my car.

Hopefully that is enough..

PS, Thanks to Dan and Mark for their "Free" time. It goes unnoticed too often.

I would name all of the other people but I will forget some and then I will be in trouble! ouich

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ben, you are a great member and I have always enjoyed reading all your posts.

Sharing your car with us, your thoughts on any matter is a delight.

On that specific thread - we all have tried to diffuse the situation. We all have tried to be welcoming and accommodating.
But some folks just have poor listening skills and think they always must have the last say.

And for everyone that disagreed with him was countered with personal attacks.

We all have our limits and when enough is enough we had to do something for the good of the community.

Thanks again for joining us here ben. And I can never thank you enough for sending me some great original KS BBQ sauce!
My wife and I enjoy it very much.

Contact me when you come visit Seattle and I will take you on a personal tour of Seattle with my beast.

Dan
Will do! Happy to share "real" BBQ with everyone! Lol. We had a party at our house Friday night and we had more than 10 different local sauces for people to choose from.

Not sure how many, if any of you are going to MFest in Vegas in May, but I am. Not to party but to see more of our car. Tree just aren't many here. 20ducks just got one but he is the only one I have met so far.

Seattle is on my list but San Diego is coming my way in March!

BTW, thx for the kind words. I work in a tough business and this car is my outlet to "get away from it all". As you have put it.....life is too short

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I have been wanting to go to Mfest for so many years but work and travel has kept me from attending.

The organizer is a great friend of mine. His name is Chris Laxa "Laidback". Filipino guy like I am and a super nice guy.
I was in Orange County 3 years ago and I met up with them for dinner. Bunch of super nice and super fun guys to hang out with.
Kindly tell him I said hi.

My wife and I will be in San Diego in April to attend her niece's wedding. Looks like we will miss each other.

Have a fun time!

Will do! Happy to share "real" BBQ with everyone! Lol. We had a party at our house Friday night and we had more than 10 different local sauces for people to choose from.

Not sure how many, if any of you are going to MFest in Vegas in May, but I am. Not to party but to see more of our car. Tree just aren't many here. 20ducks just got one but he is the only one I have met so far.

Seattle is on my list but San Diego is coming my way in March!

BTW, thx for the kind words. I work in a tough business and this car is my outlet to "get away from it all". As you have put it.....life is too short

·
Registered
569 Posts
Oooo i didnt know we have a history here of sharing homemade BBQ sauce :)

I have a reciepe of my own, if anyone wanna taste of that i did be happy to mail you all some next time when i get around to make a batch. (probably in the next few month since i just made some last mos over x'mas vacation and shared it with some of my co-workers)

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Oooo i didnt know we have a history here of sharing homemade BBQ sauce :)

I have a reciepe of my own, if anyone wanna taste of that i did be happy to mail you all some next time when i get around to make a batch. (probably in the next few month since i just made some last mos over x'mas vacation and shared it with some of my co-workers)

:M5thumbs:
Well, not "homemade" but "hometown"! I work on making BBQ sauce like I do my car......not at all. I drive/eat and enjoy! Lol

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
About this Discussion
98 Replies
33 Participants
e31_1997
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing