BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an e63 m6 that is silver grey metallic. I am thinking of starting to black it out with plasti dip. What do you guys think, and if so what all parts do you guys think would look best dipped?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
657 Posts
Are you looking to change the color of the entire exterior? If so, then I'd go for a matte wrap of your choice (about $2grand). But If you just want to black out some things, the kidney grills and all the M6 badges (fender and trunk) could be a start. There's really nothing else you can dip. Anything chrome would look better in black.

Tash

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you looking to change the color of the entire exterior? If so, then I'd go for a matte wrap of your choice (about $2grand). But If you just want to black out some things, the kidney grills and all the M6 badges (fender and trunk) could be a start. There's really nothing else you can dip. Anything chrome would look better in black.

Tash

I am just looking to black out some parts on the car. I'm debating on if I want to black out what surrounds the grille as well or just the insertions

·
Registered
657 Posts
Not sure what you mean by what surrounds the grill. Do the entire grill black. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. You can use it to elaborate more on what you meant.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Whatever you decide to dip, bear in mind that when it comes time to remove...it ain't that easy. On the other hand, wrapping a part or the whole vehicle, de-wrapping is much much easier.

·
Registered
657 Posts
That isn't my car, I just found it off google with the black kidney grills on grey color since thats what YOUR car will look like finished.

The lip makes the look of the car. It's a Vorsteiner front lip replica. you can snatch one for $275 or so on eBay.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That isn't my car, I just found it off google with the black kidney grills on grey color since thats what YOUR car will look like finished.

The lip makes the look of the car. It's a Vorsteiner front lip replica. you can snatch one for $275 or so on eBay.

Thank you for finding that picture. I am definitely going to try and find the time to paint my grille this week!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts