BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I am part way in to reading that recent and magnificent EDC thread.
I have an idea that I would like some input on, I am dumfounded by the realisation that there is not a single definitive stand alone book on our beloved M5 E34's which goes into detail on these areas..

History
Repairs/maintenance
common problems
Tuning & performance
Journalists reviews
Part numbers
Acknowledgements
etc etc

Putting aside all the legal + beauracratic red tape that may be involved with collating such information, in my eyes the end result would surely be worth the effort - however long it took me/+anyone else.
The size of the book would be pretty large I guess!! I don't know to what depth it should go into, this I am sure would become evident as we get further into the project, as the size of this "Holy Grail" threatens to expand to truly encyclopedic proportions.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Sounds like a great idea to me. I am the sort of 'anal' guy who gets right into this sort of info and starts hoarding info away as soon as I get interested in something.

I am sure there are heaps of others out there who are the same and who could contribute to the Grail.

Cheers

·
2,941 Posts
Jahangeer said:
Hi guys

I am part way in to reading that recent and magnificent EDC thread.
I have an idea that I would like some input on, I am dumfounded by the realisation that there is not a single definitive stand alone book on our beloved M5 E34's which goes into detail on these areas..

History
Repairs/maintenance
common problems
Tuning & performance
Journalists reviews
Part numbers
Acknowledgements
etc etc
It's already there: http://bmwe34m5.com/faqs

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I would buy one if it existed, but as Raymond has pointed out, theres alot of info online for our cars. It would be good if it were all on paper with plenty of pictures.

Phil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts