BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. My beast is CPO-ed but I am going to void it because I am going to install my RPI GTS exhaust. However, as my beast is getting old, problems (such as from the idrive and computer system) could occur. If they do occur, where can I bring my beast for repair since the normal mechanics around do not have the available technology. How do you guys do without the BMW Warranty?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
They have to prove the exhaust is the problem. Thankfully, a headers back exhaust can be easily changed out, so at worst you can always throw the stock exhaust back on.

So if your suspension goes out or your drivetrain goes out, they will have a hard time voiding your warranty...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Luckily in California there so many BMW dealers that you can pick-out which ones are mod friendly and which ones arn't. Also thanks to Mfest; SouthBay BMW loves mods, there new car-sales take a ride in the sky when Mfest comes and goes around.

Depends on the S.A, Tech, and Dealer in my opinion. I just got 100,000 mile warranty, I asked about mods, they said " don't worry about it, just don't mess with the S85 Internals." Works for me!

·
Registered
789 Posts
You won't void your warranty by installing your exhaust. You might void anything related to your exhaust install such as sensors, hardware connected to the exhaust, etc that they might say attributed to the their failures. As some have said not all BMW SA's or Dealerships are Anti-MOD just find MOD friendly ones or speak to your SA that you work with currently and ask them how do they feel about it.

"If they do occur, where can I bring my beast for repair since the normal mechanics around do not have the available technology"

Ask those in your area they would know best. These cars have been out for a while so you will have a better chance now then back in 2006/2007 to find anything that could assist you. Be proactive in your search and you will make the transition easy when warranty expires. I would still recommend an extended warranty. These cars are not cheap to repair even with a good INDY in your backpocket.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You won't void your warranty by installing your exhaust. You might void anything related to your exhaust install such as sensors, hardware connected to the exhaust, etc that they might say attributed to the their failures. As some have said not all BMW SA's or Dealerships are Anti-MOD just find MOD friendly ones or speak to your SA that you work with currently and ask them how do they feel about it.

"If they do occur, where can I bring my beast for repair since the normal mechanics around do not have the available technology"

Ask those in your area they would know best. These cars have been out for a while so you will have a better chance now then back in 2006/2007 to find anything that could assist you. Be proactive in your search and you will make the transition easy when warranty expires. I would still recommend an extended warranty. These cars are not cheap to repair even with a good INDY in your backpocket.
Perfectly said...:clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts