BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Tim,

That looks very nice indeed!

What gershift knob and ebrake handle did you use?

David

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
The chrome rings around the speakers and the chrome door pins came with the heritage leather interior. Car looks lovely - caramel is my favourite :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

I got the set (knob and ebrake) off ebay. It was 68 bucks. I figured if it did not look good it was not a big investment. The factory leather shifter and ebrake we considerably more expensive.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Trim looks nice, although I like the wood as well.

I can't get use to the US bottom part of the dash board under the steering wheel. It seems so bulky and straight. I wonder why BMW changed the something like that. The euro M5's have much more room for the legs and it looks nicer (now this is a peronnal opinion)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Wow That does look good, :thumbsup:
But what caught my eye was on the center section above the gas pedal up and aft the trim is black. did you change that. :3: all the carmel interiors i.e extended leather I have seen including mine is carmel color.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Gustav said:
Because of US crash tests. It is also more common in the USA to drive without a seatbelt, thereby larger airbags and more padded interiours.
Ok, now that I didn't even suspect. You learn something everyday. Thanks.

But I still don't like the look.

I did find a mod kit on www.bmwtips.com to go from US to Euro dash so even owners in the US must not all like them.

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
marcducati said:
Ok, now that I didn't even suspect. You learn something everyday. Thanks.

But I still don't like the look.

I did find a mod kit on www.bmwtips.com to go from US to Euro dash so even owners in the US must not all like them.
I agree with you, and did the euro dash upgrade. Looks great, more knee room.

As for shift knobs, UUC has an aluminum knob and e brake handle that matches the OE aluminum trim quite nicely. Their knob also illuminates at night. I've posted a pic before, i'll see if I can find it...

Here's the link: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=671

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Very Nice!!lovelove I prefer the sport look to the luxury look. I mean it is a sport car!!!???

I didn't think it would look to cool, but awesome job!! Happy driving!!:flag: :wroom:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
By the way, LOVE the street sign in the garage!!!!!:hihi:

I saw a M5 flag on ebay, very nice for $25 us. Also like the poster, where did you het it??

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.