BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2008 M5 and looking to get all 4 tires replaced to save some money so I wouldnt mind buying something lower end such as Hankook ventus V12 or Kumho SPT. Anyone have any feedback on these tires or others you would suggest? Thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I currently have Hankook tires and they seem to be pretty good.

I can't comment on any other tires.

The hankook's seem to be ok when I'm going 170 mph.

Overall I would recommend them if you are trying to save some money.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
The Kumho SPT is more than adequate for street use. No reason to spend more than twice for Michelins if you are not tracking the car.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have not used the two tires you mentioned, but I am running the Continental Extreme Contact DW and had great results. They are quite, great ride, and very good performance. You could track this tire if you chose to, however with the softer sidewall the turn in is not as quick as the PS2. I will be buying another set.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm running the Hankooks and have no issues. 2 years old and 22k miles and they have a lot of tread left. I can't see using another tire for the price you can get these Hankooks for.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm running Hankooks and have been pleased with them as well...

·
Registered
687 Posts
I currently have the Kumho SPT and am not very impressed by there performance. They do last a long time though. Understand that you are stepping down from a "Max-performance" tire to a "Ultra-High Performance" tire. I think that I will likely purchase the Kumho LE next time around which is a "Max- Performance" tire.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I used to have Continental Extreme Contact DW and they had good performance so they are good tires if budget is an issue. They are a step above Hankook ventus V12 or Kumho SPT with just minimal increase in price.

I disagree Michelins are only good for the track. Michelins are expensive but even on the street esp when you push hard, you can tell right away why they are priced that way.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I used to have Continental Extreme Contact DW and they had good performance so they are good tires if budget is an issue. They are a step above Hankook ventus V12 or Kumho SPT with just minimal increase in price.

I disagree Michelins are only good for the track. Michelins are expensive but even on the street esp when you push hard, you can tell right away why the are priced that way.
+1 on the Michelines and street performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts