1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have PS2's on the SL55, and the 348 and they are great. I just put them on the M5 and they are great on that car as well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Lots of info here on the Board on this topic, to help you go to sleep at night. I agree on the PS2s. I was not a fan of Michelin though changed with these. Decent mileage/wear, quiet, handle respectably (suggest you let them get good and warm first). Can't ask for much more. Too bad the A008's (Yokohamas of course) are out of production, now that was a bad *** tire :crying:

·
Registered
531 Posts
Did anyone see that Car and Driver television show this weekend where they were doing a wet/dry weather tire comparison. The PS2's finished 3rd or 4th out of 11. They didn't show the scores or all 11 tires that were tested, but that all that info was on the website (and probably the latest issue). I think their test criteria was only combined wet and dry grip, so tread life, sound and price wern't a factor.

BTW-I put on PS2's and I'd still recommend them.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
haven't run ps2's but have used s03's and was very happy with them. just put eagle f1 gsd's on the car last week and so far they seem great as well.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just had PS2s put on and love their grip over the original Pilot Sports. Tire Rack says their the best tire on the market currently in their class.

·
Registered
280 Posts
robluvs2xlr8 said:
Well I see that discounttiredirect.com has updated the selection of tires for the M5, and I notice a few additions to their list, so I was just wondering which tire I should buy?

Here is the list:

Front tires: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresByVehicleAndSize.do?mk=&yr=2001&sw=false&cs=245&vid=005005&rd=18&ar=40

Rear Tires:
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresByVehicleAndSize.do?mk=&yr=2001&sw=false&cs=275&vid=005005&rd=18&ar=35
I would try bfgoodrich g force kdw they are quiet, very sticky wear great.
I do not like kuhmo my wife had on her mini, she replaced them with toyo r1's they stick and ride a lot better. I have yokohama avs sports on my wifes 930 porsche they wear great stick pretty good. But nothing like bgf g force kdw. My friend put pirelli p zero neros m&s on his cobra mustang and for a all season tire they are real good low noise and sticky dont know about tire wear yet but 1010tires, and the tire rack give them great reviews. I hope this helps you Sir..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts