BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Thank you for the info! and I was wondering How often do I need to change the tired on the m6? I like driving it and sometimes playing around (feeling it power and using the power it really has). race, burnout etc. but once or twice a month really.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
much appreciated!!! what do you think for the color of my car.... I have 5%tints on all windows except the front windshield (20%). Matte Black or High glossy black M6 wheels for my stratus gray metllic M6? same wheels just painted. this will determine if I put matte black M6 emblems on the side gills and on the trunk or high glossy emblems.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you say if I must have black.... Well what other color choice would I choose? like we said it is a stratus gray color, which is kind of hard to mix and match colors and pick a nice color for the M6. I was going to put carbon fiber grill and side gills and all the BMW logos that are located around the car from front to back and side to side.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
TBH! The silvery look of the grills and logos contrasts very well with the grey colour. And so do the wheels. You do have a CF roof, but that is not very visible unless you are standing very close to the car.

If I were you, I would spend the money on something else, like a lower lip for the front bumper, or a diffuser or a spoiler.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
please do share your ideas! They are not frowned upon! which spoiler or lower lip? and with lower lip I am just afraid of scraping it on the ground. I have a driveway which has a little uphill curb and scrapes a portion of the plastic under the nose of the car. I was thinking of the vorsteiner... but that is carbon fiber. The toy is already one of the lowest cars out there.... should i make it lower? but to many things can happen if bumper is too high etc.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Thanks Mate!

Below is a thred of the mods that I have done to my car.

Mods for my ///M6 - BMW Club UAE Forums

1. Lower Lip: I wouild never recommend a lower lip from VSR because its too damn expensive and as you ahve rightly said, there is a good chance that you scrape it. Therefore, the best way to go is to get a cheap replica from eBay. They are not bad and look exactly like the VSR lip. I have never herd of anyone complaining of a fitment issue either. Most people do it themselves in about half an hour. There is a thred about it in this section on the reputable sellers on eBay. Just make a search and you shall have a clear idea of what to do.

My car is not lowered and I don't recall scraping my lower lip, ever. Having said that, I am super careful with humps and elevated areas. The best way to avoid scarping is to go in sideways. If you go in sideays, you shouls not scrape even if your car is lowered.

2. I would not suggest lowering the car too mcuh. In fact, I have not lowered mine at all. It makes driving in city a bit more relaxing.

I agree that the lip, diffuser and spoiler shall be in CF. Perhaps I would get the grills in CF also, but that would be the last thing I do. You can also pain these parts, but I would not recommend that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice toy you have there my friend! I was gonna go for the coupe, but then again I wanted something even more harder to find around where I live. But your car is low !!! lolol How do you not scrape it I dont know! lol but seems nice... I love taking my car out when it is nice weather. because where I live its winter for about 4-5 months. So i try to not take it out as much. I really would like to go out with top down, blacked out windows, matte black or glossy wheels, carbon fibered look on the m6. What kind of tail or rear spoiler do you think?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
neat stuff thanks! not that much you can do to the m6! since its everything is already practically done for u. its already a beautiful car! I also ordered a meisterschaft GT racing exhaust. I want it to be very loud; like music to my ears! I would like to set off parked car alarms. I hope this does it!

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
neat stuff thanks! not that much you can do to the m6! since its everything is already practically done for u. its already a beautiful car! I also ordered a meisterschaft GT racing exhaust. I want it to be very loud; like music to my ears! I would like to set off parked car alarms. I hope this does it!
I hope it does as well.

Have you ordered the complete exhast or only the mufflers. If it does not meet your expectation, make sure you are cat less and get some nice headers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts