BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my Goodyear GS D3's have worn out in the rear. Got 15k miles on them. After looking at them, my tire guy suggests I use more air. Fronts look good, except for mild underinflation. We are upping the fronts from 38 to 40 and the rears from 36 to 44. He reminds me that with the Dinan stage 3 suspension, my car is lower, exaggerating camber and toe changes on acceleration. He notes the BMW engineers suggest about a 4 psi differential front/rear. I am very pleased with the Goodyears, so I replaced with the same. Other than underinflation he thinks the wear typical for this type of car. If I take some neg camber out of the rears I could extend the tire life, but what fun would that be? :haha:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the same tires and those are the same pressures I have come to utilize.

Unlike you I don't have upgraded suspension - so the fronts are not liking the lack of neg. camber.

I need to get adj. camber plates soon...

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrightsville Beast said:
I have the same tires and those are the same pressures I have come to utilize.

Unlike you I don't have upgraded suspension - so the fronts are not liking the lack of neg. camber.

I need to get adj. camber plates soon...
Even with the non adjustable camber plates, the car handles amazingly well for its size. The extra camber tends to wear the inside edge on the street, so less camber is only a bad thing on the track or very hard driving on the street.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts