BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of cleaning my summer whels and tires (OEM rims with Bridgestone Potenza S-03s) now that I have put on the winter tires and rims. I measured less than 4/32'' tread on the rears and I have decided to replace the summer tires with the Michelin PS2. One observation: the inner edge of the tires had significantly more wear than the middle or outer edge of the tires to the point wear the tread blocks had been worn almost completely smooth. Is this a normal wear pattern due the negative camber in the rear wheels or should I have this checked by the dealer? Thanks.

/Rich

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Rcl4668 said:
One observation: the inner edge of the tires had significantly more wear than the middle or outer edge of the tires to the point wear the tread blocks had been worn almost completely smooth. Is this a normal wear pattern due the negative camber in the rear wheels or should I have this checked by the dealer? Thanks.

/Rich
Pretty normal. Double check your rear camber and toe in. Rotating/flipping tires helps as well as some extra air pressure.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
This is a very normal wear pattern for our cars. If you get down behind your car about 20 feet back and look at the angle of the tires compared to the outside of the car, you will notice how the contact to the ground area of the tire is angled out from the side of the car.

This just makes the car corner better.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts