BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the tire warranty along with my car...will it cover worn out tirs also?

and if not do you guys think i coudl get away with putting a nail in them because that would then be under warranty and thats what one of the people at my local dealershjip said i could do since te warranty company is an independant

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
i bought the tire warranty along with my car...will it cover worn out tirs also?

and if not do you guys think i coudl get away with putting a nail in them because that would then be under warranty and thats what one of the people at my local dealershjip said i could do since te warranty company is an independant
Sounds like a very shady dealer.....:nono:......who is it so I can make sure I never go there?

The warranty usually does not cover tires that wear out. And when they do replace a tire that has been damaged they usually do it on a pro-rated basis, meaning they only pay for the tread life left on the old tire. If it is 80% worn, then they pay 20% of the cost of a replacement, some are mileage based.

:cheers:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got a price of $700 total tire insurance, including damage to the rims (but only if they cannot hold a tire properly). I understand that it does not cover wear but I am told all other damage is covered. Is it a reasonable price?

·
Registered
224 Posts
It covers ALL tire damage (other than normal wear) for five years as well as damaged rims (to the extent that they cannot hold a tire properly). I realize that NOTHING I ever buy aftermarket from the dealer will ever be a great deal but it does provide some peace of mind. I have had numerous ruined tires in my other cars in New York.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts