BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help on getting tires for my 20's. I currently have iForged Daytonas 20" matte black with a polished lip and need to get new tires soon. The current tires are rubber bands and I need tires with a bigger sidewall and want to know what size tires you guys are putting on your M5 with 20's. I had thought that for every inch the rim goes up the sidewall profile has to be reduced by 10, does that still stand true? So 285/35/19 should change into 285/25/20 or am I wrong? Someone help.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
keep it in the same units (convert all to inches or all to metric)...rolling diameter =diameter (inches) + (width [mm] X aspect ratio) x 2

i run 305/25/20 in the rear and couldn't be happier...Bridgestone RE050a pole position

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Keep in mind that OEM is 285. When you go all the way up to 305, you're sidewalls IMO, will be too thin. As much as I like the aggressive look of the 305's from the rear, I don't like the look that much from the side.. so I choose not to run them. IMO 295 is the way to go.

Also to keep in mind, if you have a 20" wheel and want to run 295 you can't run Michelin PS2's.. you have to go with Pirelli PZero (the next best). Same thing goes with the 305's. You can only run Michelin PS2's with a 285/3*/19 or 285/3*/20 setup.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I have Michelin PS2's 255/35/20 front and 285/30/20 rear.
I run the same sizes but i went with Falken FK452's which ride nice for the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
258 Posts
your tire size all depends on the size and offset of your wheel . keep in mind that all tires either run true, narrow, or large depending on make and model. there are tire calculators if your search hard enough.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
255/35/20 and 285/30/20
I had them with Yokohama S.Drives, and now Michelin PS2's.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you guys ever purchased tires off of eBay? They are a lot cheaper than from the shop. Also, have you ever heard of the brand Federal, Vredestein or Nexen? Are they any good?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
One of the most important things to note when buying tires is the production date. Reputable tire suppliers usually don't sell you tires that have been stored for more than 6 months.

Reactions: KGPEsq

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
One of the most important things to note when buying tires is the production date. Reputable tire suppliers usually don't sell you tires that have been stored for more than 6 months.
+1....Production Date is super important specially if you are considering buying from eBay or someone difficult to reach in case if there is something wrong!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts