BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be remounting my summer OEMs in about a month. I would like to rotate the tires (right to left, vice versa), but got conflicting information. Contacted Continental and was informed that the tires CANNOT be rotated. However, I don't think they are unidirectional, so I don't understand why they cannot be rotated?
Any answers will be appreciated...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Will be remounting my summer OEMs in about a month. I would like to rotate the tires (right to left, vice versa), but got conflicting information. Contacted Continental and was informed that the tires CANNOT be rotated. However, I don't think they are unidirectional, so I don't understand why they cannot be rotated?
Any answers will be appreciated...
Just had this issue the other day a my local tire store five experienced individuals insisted that the tires could be rotated. Got rid of the Continental Junk tires since they only gave me 13,000 easy driving miles before they cupped the inner portion of tire. Switched to PS2's WHAT A DIFFERENCE, until I put on the ps2s I would have thought that the Contis' were fine.

I have a similar thread to this and will comment more in an update today.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I rotated my Conti's the way you described and had no issues. The design is assymetric where it only matters if the the correct side is facing the outside as opposed to a directional tire (e.g. Goodyear F1 GS-D3) when rotation direction matters. Maybe they just wanted you to buy more tires.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the inputs:)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Switched to PS2's WHAT A DIFFERENCE, until I put on the ps2s I would have thought that the Contis' were fine.
Seems to be a recurring theme, will switch to PS2s once my Conti's wear down.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Yup ps2's seem the way to change......I like my Conti's for everyday mild driving though.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts