BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give a update on the General Exclaim UHP tires thay I have been using for a while since i changed my wheels last fall. I had Ps2's before this and was hesitant to swap to the General. Someone @ modbargains recommended these tires very highly and i went with their choice, knowing if i did not like em, I would swap. I thought of this review right now because I got a very good chance to drive them on dry/wet/cold (negative temps) and now snow covered roads.

I try to avoid driving the M in the snow period if I can, just don't like the salt, delay in washing the car because of the cold temps etc. Also I remember from last yr on the Ps'2 i had to go out a couple of times because of my other car not working for some reason. I hated it, it snowed 2-3 inches and the M slid every possible place it could. Sometimes I could barely make it up my own driveway which is not that bad of a slope, the rear would just come out at slow speeds even. Well luck or unluck I had to do the same thing all over again this week (mixture of snow, cold slush everything you can name with the cold weather climate I came across)on the General's.

What a difference these General tires can make not only are the good in the dry and wet but snow they do pretty well. The traction is great the rear does not break loose unless you want it to. Even from stop's with little effort it grabs traction and pushes off. Also the confidence is there in the tires you don not have to slam the brakes too far away from other vehicles like i had on the Ps'2. Even compared to my Audi w/ Michelin Pilot Sprt All season I like the General's much more. Now if i have to go out in the M I'm not too worried. Just my 2 cents

PS I also am running 19" staggered setup with no issues so far.

·
Registered
2002 M5, Imola / Imola
1,703 Posts
How do they compare to the PS2's on dry pavement? Would you say the PS2's are a better high performance (summer) tire?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do they compare to the PS2's on dry pavement? Would you say the PS2's are a better high performance (summer) tire?
Compared to Ps2's on dry I would say the ps2's are better, but again the only reason I would want to get Ps2's is if I was tracking the car allot more then actually day to day driving. For the normal driving and high speeds here and there bad road conditions etc the General's are very good, wet traction is very good also. Ohh and price difference is huge, again I like these better then my Michelin pilot sports that are all season tires.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I LOVE my General Tire Altimaxx winter tires, I WILL defiantly consider them again, not just for winter tires. Good to hear that you like their HP summer tires.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had them on my E39 M5 in 19's as well and REALLY liked them. Great highway tire, quiet but still handles handles well. Good in the rain. Not as sticky as Mich's for tracking but great for daily driving, especially if your M5 is your daily driver for trips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts