BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys-
I need new tires for my 2010 M6. I'm looking at either the Michelin pilot Super Sports or the Goodyear F1 Asymetric All Season.

I like to have a little fun in the car but I don't track it or anything. The Michelin tires have a 30,000 mile warranty and the Goodyear tires have a 45,000 mile warranty. Both are Y Rated.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
PSS are the probably the best in the market...they should last you longer than 30k miles if you don't abuse the tires.

·
Registered
571 Posts
PSS are the probably the best in the market...they should last you longer than 30k miles if you don't abuse the tires.
+1. I love mine.

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,268 Posts
PSS. Hard to find a better street tire.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've just changed to PSS and I'm loving it.
Prior to these I had Pirelli Corsas which were pretty much semi-slicks. While they were excellent in the hot summer days, the starting tread was only 5mm and soft compound meant it wouldn't last longer than one season. I've managed to do 2800miles on them.
PSS seems to have very good rep

·
Registered
255 Posts
If depends on how you drive the car. Super Sports are really sticky. If you turn your traction off most of the time, then go with any tire brand. Cheap if you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pilot Sport tyres.

I replaced the original M6 E 63 tyres with Pilot Sport Cup 2+ Michelins on the rear, size 285/35 ZP19 , tyre width goes up from about 10.4" width to just over 11" . The front tyres were replaced with Pilot Sport Michelins 255/40 R19 . Very happy with the tyres and appear to have more grip on the track. I could not front and rears of the same type here in Australia.

MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 Tyres | Car Tyres | Michelin Australia on rear

MICHELIN Pilot Sport 2 Tyres | Car Tyres | Michelin Australia on front

·
Registered
750 Posts
PSS hands down. The only reason why I had changed my tires from PS2s to a new set of PS2s (which are still brilliant btw) was because there was a long back-order on PSS from tirerack (I would have had to 6+ months which wasn't happening).

·
Registered
976 Posts
No doubt about it Michelin PSS.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm running Bridgestone Potenza S04's. For the price they are an exceptional tire. However, if you want the ultimate the PSSC's are the way to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts