BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello , everyone ~

Right now I have a set Hankook V12EVO on my car. And I am considering to have them replaced for the up coming summer.

After doing some research I found NITTO NT05 tires. However, I wasnt so sure weather if these tires were suitable for daily use.

Is it oK??

Also my car has stock suspension , front and rear. Would I be able to stick 285 / 35 / 18 on the rear??? Would it rub ???

Thank you for reading and If you have any thougts , please let me hear it ~!

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
The 05s are fine for daily use, it's the NT01s that are debatable. I have the 05s on my E46 and they're great if performance is what you're after.
Also, 285s should fit in the rear, but be aware you're getting into the territory where slight differences in the extent of the factory fender rolling from car-to-car on the production line can mean you once in awhile may rub under full jounce.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I've got 295/35 18 NT05's on the rear with very occasional rubbing. It's my daily driver as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What about Nitto INVO's?

Per Nitto's own website (Nitto Tire - High Performance Tires for Car and Truck Enthusiasts), the Invo's perform equal to or better (except slightly less on the dry) than the NT05's

They are more than double their rating on the "ride comfort", double the rating on "quietness", 1/2 bar greater on the "wet performance", & 1/2 bar less than on the "dry performance". Per their size chart, the Invo's also come in the size you specified. They might serve better for the daily driver duties.

Just an FYI per Nitto's own website.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 05s are fine for daily use, it's the NT01s that are debatable. I have the 05s on my E46 and they're great if performance is what you're after.
Also, 285s should fit in the rear, but be aware you're getting into the territory where slight differences in the extent of the factory fender rolling from car-to-car on the production line can mean you once in awhile may rub under full jounce.

thank you for the info!! I think I should give it a try with 285s ~!! Whats 05s like in wet condition??? Is it about the same as v12EVO ??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got 295/35 18 NT05's on the rear with very occasional rubbing. It's my daily driver as well.
Can 9.5J wheel can take 295 ????? Also I would like to ask you if you have the stock suspension setting. I was under the impression that

with out the coil over , I thought you cannot fit 295s ~~ !! Finally how often do you get rubbing??? When you have passengers at the rear

seat??? Do you get rubbing when you drive alone???

Sorry for asking too many questions ~!!!

Thank you for your input!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Safety first! A 295 width tire would not be safely installed on a 9.5 width wheel - beads will not sit properly and under conditions such as cornering, the tire have a possibility of separating from the wheel even if it's properly inflated.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Can 9.5J wheel can take 295 ????? Also I would like to ask you if you have the stock suspension setting. I was under the impression that

with out the coil over , I thought you cannot fit 295s ~~ !! Finally how often do you get rubbing??? When you have passengers at the rear

seat??? Do you get rubbing when you drive alone???
I have stock suspension. My rear wheels are 18x10 et 25 with 3mm spacers. I have young kids so car seats stay in the back so no adult passengers in the rear. Occasional rubbing under hard cornering/maximum suspension compression.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts